Run to the finals - 2020

What’s the point in making finals if we’re just going to get done by 10 goals.

This club needs a rebuild

I don’t disagree with what you say but put on notice by who?

Yep. That way, we can book an overseas trip for September .
Wait…

If we did a doggies id take it.

Need match winners in and firing to win a final. *Stringer/Daniher/Fantasia (more a pipe dream than reality they are all fit and healthy and playing together).

It would be glorious though, imgaing Draper taking it up to grundy,palmind down to shiel streaming out of the centre and hitting up Daniher/Fantasia/Stringer on a lead.

1 Like

Dont do that to yourself

Talk of finals is very premature Need to concentrate on beating the Aints next round. Then we need to make sure we win at least four more, which is unlikely.
It’s a case of deja vue. Every year it’s ‘will we or won’t we make finals?’ Sometimes we do, only to get belted in an Elimination Final; sometimes we don’t. Ninth - the very definition of mediocrity. It’s been happening for far too long. So 2020 will be another wasted year, it seems.

I would be glad if someone could point out to me exactly what influence Rutten and Caracella have had on the gameplan, the players. We lack leadership and any system in our method and it has been on display all season, apart from maybe the Collingwood game.

3 Likes

You wont need to worry.

Only 7 games to go until we end up 10th and in no mans land again… can’t wait

1 Like

10.5 wins from 17 is comfortably in (even with Adelaide potentially making that the equivalent of 9.5/16).

we are not making the finals you loons

5 Likes

10th???
14th or 15th much more likely IMO

4 Likes

It is what it is, isn’t it, and what will be will be.

But I remember 2 years ago, we were belting Port, thoroughly, completely.
That was even before they got Jack Watts.
How things can change.

My money is on 14th.

Can we ask the AFL for a bonus pick on the basis that we haven’t won a final since before the iphone was invented.

8 Likes

Last time I watched Essendon win a final, my phone number was XY3712

13th on 6.5 wins. Pick 6 in the most compromised draft in AFL history due to academy picks and covid.

Take pick 6 to Luna Park after lockdown and try to win a stuffed toy. I’m sure we’ll be able to land one with huge upside, who weighs 65kg, that we think we can turn into a midfielder, that we can’t believe slid to our first pick.

1 Like

I don’t think we make finals. In fact there is no hope we make finals.

I like that false positive COVID test is partially to blame for this car crash of a season. We were in good form… Melbourne was out of form… there was a good chance that we roll over them. That would have given us a solid platform. Then most likely we don’t have the horrific start against Carlton so that turns into a win.

Add those two wins… and the season looks different and perhaps our form line looks better. Then shorten the GWS game by 3 minutes or 3 cheating umpires… and shorten the GC game by 90 seconds and we are comfortably top 4.

However I think that whole COVID thing was huge because it absolutely did resonate like the Saga… it highlighted how much the saga still affects the supporters and, I suspect, the players. That sense of “here we go again” and “why us” etc etc… It just seemed to happen at the wrong time and place. The needless cancelling of the game even though they hadn’t actually confirmed if any players were close contacts (they weren’t really)… the whole thing just reeked of an overreaction.

We have real issues with our playing list and real issues with some aspects of our game plan and style… but I think this season looks a whole lot different if that test doesn’t come back positive.

1 Like

The pain of missing finals,is nothing compared to the pain of making it- and getting pumped AGAIN in an elimination final.

Sorry,one more loss and its play all the kids rotating through to give them a taste.
Sort the list,and get a top 1st rounder.

I will paint my butt cheeks red n black and do a nude 400m if we beat the Tigers,WCE,or Port.

Wont happen.

1 Like

Our season will end this Sunday against stkilda after they maul us

Going by that I reckon Collingwood are in real trouble of missing.