Sean Wellman to coach the 12 #breaking #exclusive

How many of our players have been coached by a premiership coach in the last 5 years apart from Bomber who was in a fill in role?

The more premiership winning experience we have on our side the better. Who cares who it is, and you know what they say

Malthouse is better than no house.

Yeah but how many of the 12 will be Bombers late this year
I’m sure old Mick has footy connections that would love to be keeping track of his “training sessions”

A shithouse is better than a Malthouse

Appears one of our players asked him.

Well if Malthouse can’t keep that in confidence, I have no trust in what else he would say out of school if it happens.

Essendon drugs saga: Banned player asked Mick Malthouse to provide training program for Bombers 34

MICK Malthouse has revealed he has been asked by a banned Bombers player to provide a training program for the Essendon 34 while they serve their doping bans.

How many of our players have been coached by a premiership coach in the last 5 years apart from Bomber who was in a fill in role?

The more premiership winning experience we have on our side the better. Who cares who it is, and you know what they say

Malthouse is better than no house.

Yeah but how many of the 12 will be Bombers late this year
I’m sure old Mick has footy connections that would love to be keeping track of his “training sessions”

A shithouse is better than a Malthouse

Thrillho

The players have certainly supported Hird over the past 3 years and have shown numerous times they don’t believe the media/AFL spin that he is to blame for the saga. They were devastated when he was ‘let go’.
Quite possibly Hird is not considered suitable, including by some of the 12, because where ever he goes media hysteria follows and they want their transition back later this year to be something less than hysterical.
Even though I like Millhouse more than Malthouse, mickey3flags is quite capable of keeping the players AFL ready and if he actually talks to them he might realise he knows squat about what happened in 2012.

I personally like the idea of an ex-afl coach with premiership experience to help our players keep match fit and in the zone (if possible).

Everyone remembers how bad he was at Carlton, but we all know that club was a rabble before he got there… not even Clarkson could have done better.

Don’t for one minute think that Malthouse and his sidekick is doing this to help the players…it’s purely business, I would tell them to fark off.

Salty Malty

Pass.

Coached to do what?

Many of the 34 dont play anymore. Of those that do, at least a few and probably more are heading away for a few months. An individual fitness/running program i can see happening. But not a structured group training program where all 17 turn up for footy training.

Edit: it’d be a pretty good side!

Hibberd Hooker Pears
Melksham Hurley Myers
Stants Watson Howlett
Hocking Carlisle Crameri
Monfries Ryder

Bellchambers, Heppell, Colyer

Lacks a little speed. You’ll need a contested ball gameplan Mr Malthouse.

This could be a sideways way of getting Worsfold’s coaching style embedded into the remaining players without going against the WADA rules.
If anyone is to coach and train these guys it must be someone that Wosfold trusts (even if it is someone we hated in the past).

I still think the players should just enjoy life as much as possible before getting ready for pre-season later on in July / August.

Many of the 34 dont play anymore. Of those that do, at least a few and probably more are heading away for a few months. An individual fitness/running program i can see happening. But not a structured group training program where all 17 turn up for footy training.

Hibberd Hooker Pears
Melksham Hurley Myers
Stants Watson Howlett
Hocking Carlisle Crameri
Monfries Ryder

I think they need a few top ups.

Hibberd Hooker Pears
Melksham Hurley Myers
Stants Watson Howlett
Hocking Carlisle Crameri
Monfries Ryder

I noticed you put Carlisle up forward, would definitely crack the sooks with that. I would bring back Jetta to add some speed and give Paddy someone to talk to.

You can add Lachie Keeffe and Josh Thomas if you wanted to, they would appreciate the company.

Great idea. All he has to do is keep them fit and working. He knows how to do that. If it’s at all possible to do it, then it should be done.

Hibberd Hooker Pears
Melksham Hurley Myers
Stants Watson Howlett
Hocking Carlisle Crameri
Monfries Ryder

I noticed you put Carlisle up forward, would definitely crack the sooks with that. I would bring back Jetta to add some speed and give Paddy someone to talk to.

You can add Lachie Keeffe and Josh Thomas if you wanted to, they would appreciate the company.

It’d definitely be worth getting in touch with those 2 (if allowed) to see what they’ve been up to
Dunno about Thomas, but I see Keeffe pretty regularly at the gym
Don’t think he’s gone overseas but he’s done a bit of hiking around Australia and looks in pretty good shape (broke the 200kg prowler challenge record at my gym pre-Xmas)

Despite liking the idea of Malthouse, I think Brendan McCartney would be a good option. Had an excellent relationship with the players, would likely get Cameri and Melk to train with the boys, possibly the sook as well. Ex Essendon assistant with plenty of knowledge of the game.

Honestly? There are a few hundred people who would be able to keep the group fit for next season. There’s no need, in my mind, to add to controversy. It doesn’t take a footy coach, ex or otherwise, to keep players fit. Most of it they know how to do themselves. All they may need is a bit of direction and leadership.

He'd be a fine mentor for our players and another solid plank in the support network.

That’s you, isn’t it Mick???!

He'd be a fine mentor for our players and another solid plank in the support network.

Malthouse is a plank thats for sure

Despite liking the idea of Malthouse, I think Brendan McCartney would be a good option. Had an excellent relationship with the players, would likely get Cameri and Melk to train with the boys, possibly the sook as well. Ex Essendon assistant with plenty of knowledge of the game.

I don’t think that would work as he is working at an AFL club now and that would to the best of my knowledge be against the rules.

Loves his players, hates the media.

Good enough for me.

The only person Mick has ever loved, is himself and make no mistake about it.

The last person I would want “mentoring” or “coaching” our boy’s is that shriveled old fool.

His talent for self preservation and pig headedness is truly something to behold, whilst trying to still maintain some kind of relevancy in the form of attempted face saving.

“I would love to help the players”, give me a farking spell you imbecile. “Oh, you want to be handsomely compensated for it as well? How kind of you Mick.”

EAD.