Season 2016 - Richmond

Bitchmond

Meh One spud retires, another richmond spud will take his placd

We could trade them Gwilt for a second rounder. That should propel them into premiership calculations, surely.

Richmond are always half assed with things, it’s what makes them so average, if I was them I would be going all in on their current list and head coach and if it doesn’t work, start a fresh.

They have a very good core, good bookends and some serviceable fringe players. They just need to add some more quality and they could have a decent crack. I don’t think they would get there, but a top 4 and prelim isn’t out of the question.

So my Richmond plan would be the following.

My key goals for Richmond would be some more inside mid depth, a ruck-forward and mature aged drafting from state leagues.

Hardwick stays till the end of his contract, unless he completely dies in the ■■■ next year. Then the whole game is up and he strategy has failed.

Trade out this years first round selection for Lobb from GWS.

Trade out Vickery and next years first for Prestia.

Trade out this years second round selection for Ben Howlett and a Third Rounder.

Drafting would be for fast players with skill, even if they are light and hard nosed defenders.

If it hasn’t worked in 3 more years you can start to flog off guys like Martin for top draft picks. But at least your having a crack whilst Rance, Reiwolt, Deledio and Cotchin are in there prime.

Yep If your Hardwick you have to throw caution to the wind and go all in for next year.

Richmond are always half assed with things, it's what makes them so average, if I was them I would be going all in on their current list and head coach and if it doesn't work, start a fresh.

They have a very good core, good bookends and some serviceable fringe players. They just need to add some more quality and they could have a decent crack. I don’t think they would get there, but a top 4 and prelim isn’t out of the question.

My key goals for Richmond would be some more inside mid depth, a ruck-forward and mature aged drafting from state leagues.

Hardwick stays till the end of his contract, unless he completely dies in the ■■■ next year. Then the whole game is up and he strategy has failed.

Trade out this years second round selection for Ben Howlett and a Third Rounder.

Drafting would be for fast players with skill, even if they are light and hard nosed defenders.

If it hasn’t worked in 3 more years you can start to flog off guys like Martin for top draft picks. But at least your having a crack whilst Rance, Reiwolt, Deledio and Cotchin are in there prime.

What would they draft with considering they have traded their first and second round picks and their first pick next year?

Richmond are always half assed with things, it's what makes them so average, if I was them I would be going all in on their current list and head coach and if it doesn't work, start a fresh.

What would they draft with considering they have traded their first and second round picks and their first pick next year?

lol, great choice by them, set them back even longer.

Even if GWS would accept Richmonds pick for Lobb (why would they?), you can’t trade away your future first round pick AND you current first round pick in the same year. Preventing Richmond doing stupid ■■■■ like this is the reason that rule exists. Call it the 'Wallace rule!.

Even if GWS would accept Richmonds pick for Lobb (why would they?), you can't trade away your future first round pick AND you current first round pick in the same year. Preventing Richmond doing stupid ■■■■ like this is the reason that rule exists. Call it the 'Wallace rule!.

That’s not true. Geelong did it last year (pick 9 for Dangerfield, 2016 first round for Henderson). The restriction is that if you trade a future first round pick, you can’t trade any other future picks.

You can only ever trade your first round pick twice in any four year period.

Also not quite true. You have to take two first round selections. They don’t have to be ones you’ve been allocated, they could be ones you’ve traded in.

Also not quite true. You have to take two first round selections. They don’t have to be ones you’ve been allocated, they could be ones you’ve traded in.

Thank you for the clarity.

Apparently, Richmond is into Zac Clarke from Freo.
They’ll get him for nothing too.
He’s struggled with injury the past few years. Not sure he’ll get back to the level he showed four years ago while Sandilands was out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick him forward and think he’ll resolve their second tall problem.
I doubt he’ll propel them into finals contention but then again, anyone who couldn’t wouldn’t bother going there.

Apparently, Richmond is into Zac Clarke from Freo. They'll get him for nothing too. He's struggled with injury the past few years. Not sure he'll get back to the level he showed four years ago while Sandilands was out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick him forward and think he’ll resolve their second tall problem.
I doubt he’ll propel them into finals contention but then again, anyone who couldn’t wouldn’t bother going there.

Cough Shaun Hampson Cough

How big is this flow chart?

How big is this flow chart?

Not big enough yet. There’s hundreds of AFL employees looking to justify their needless existences and support the bureaucracy. How many draft tweak AFL make?

Last time I checked the draft went more than two rounds, even has a seperate rookie part too.

I only just realised these clowns traded two 2nd round draft picks last year for Chris Yarran. So they’re going to have to start a full rebuild with only one pick before 40. :smiley: And they’re trying to trade for Prestia at the same time!?

i hope the poor unfortunate that the Tigers take with their first pick this year doesn’t mind feeling a bit of pressure…

I’ll be astounded if dimma survives another year.
No make that gobsmacked.

Prestia is the final piece.

Top 4 certainties next year !