Season 2016 - Richmond

I'll be astounded if dimma survives another year. No make that gobsmacked.

They’ll give up their first round pick for Zac Clarke

I'll be astounded if dimma survives another year. No make that gobsmacked.

He seems so young there, pre richmondising

I only just realised these clowns traded two 2nd round draft picks last year for Chris Yarran. So they're going to have to start a full rebuild with only one pick before 40. :D And they're trying to trade for Prestia at the same time!?

i hope the poor unfortunate that the Tigers take with their first pick this year doesn’t mind feeling a bit of pressure…

Has yarran even played this year?

I only just realised these clowns traded two 2nd round draft picks last year for Chris Yarran. So they're going to have to start a full rebuild with only one pick before 40. :D And they're trying to trade for Prestia at the same time!?

i hope the poor unfortunate that the Tigers take with their first pick this year doesn’t mind feeling a bit of pressure…

i can’t bring myself to be happy about that situation, as those fark carlton jerks are the main beneficiaries.

Not at afl level.
not sure if he played any VFL games early in the year?

Not at afl level.
not sure if he played any VFL games early in the year?

I am sure he has, I believe I remember him playing some recent matches after coming back from injury?

I’m not rebuild would help, it takes 3-4 years to get draftees up to speed.

Deledio is 29
Reiwolt is 27
Cotchin is 26
Rance is 26

Assuming everything goes perfect they can fast track the new draftees development to 3 years and all draftees live up to expectation. Their stars, for the most part, are going to be too old to have a proper tilt and they are stuck in no mans land again.

Also what does that say to their star players, hang around and maybe we might be able to do something we haven’t been able to in 8 years.

They need to pick a strategy and commit to it.

Either say, we’re screwed and need to rebuild, sack Hardwick, trade out Reiwolt, Deledio, Rance and Martin for a truck load of picks. Go nuts on the draft for 2-3 years and have a crack.

Or commit to Hardwick for 2 years, flog off all you picks and mid range cloggers for a select few stars have a crack, if it doesn’t work start a fresh.

Rumours of a board spill, assistant coaches being heavily reviewed & players likely to be traded. Footy genius Benny Gale backing Dimma. Could it be Dimma is one of the safest people at the club at the moment… Stuff like this only happens at tiger land lollll

Rumours of a board spill, assistant coaches being heavily reviewed & players likely to be traded. Footy genius Benny Gale backing Dimma. Could it be Dimma is one of the safest people at the club at the moment... Stuff like this only happens at tiger land lollll

Not just a Tiger thing. Maybe it has something to do with the sash.
Has happened with us a few times in the last five / six years.

I'm not rebuild would help, it takes 3-4 years to get draftees up to speed.

Deledio is 29
Reiwolt is 27
Cotchin is 26
Rance is 26

Assuming everything goes perfect they can fast track the new draftees development to 3 years and all draftees live up to expectation. Their stars, for the most part, are going to be too old to have a proper tilt and they are stuck in no mans land again.

Also what does that say to their star players, hang around and maybe we might be able to do something we haven’t been able to in 8 years.

Either say, we’re screwed and need to rebuild, sack Hardwick, trade out Reiwolt, Deledio, Rance and Martin for a truck load of picks. Go nuts on the draft for 2-3 years and have a crack.

Or commit to Hardwick for 2 years, flog off all you picks and mid range cloggers for a select few stars have a crack, if it doesn’t work start a fresh.

They’d be smart to shop Deledio around. He’s starting to drop off a bit, and is getting injured more often. I have no idea what he’d be worth though. I can’t see them offloading Reiwolt, Cotchin and Rance. They’d all have another 5 years left in them at least. Rebuild or not, you don’t trade away these sorts of players.

I'm not rebuild would help, it takes 3-4 years to get draftees up to speed.

Deledio is 29
Reiwolt is 27
Cotchin is 26
Rance is 26

They’d be smart to shop Deledio around. He’s starting to drop off a bit, and is getting injured more often. I have no idea what he’d be worth though. I can’t see them offloading Reiwolt, Cotchin and Rance. They’d all have another 5 years left in them at least. Rebuild or not, you don’t trade away these sorts of players.

Deledio they’d get bugger-all for now. 30 and getting injuries. They’d have to make the hard call on one of Martin, Rance, Riewoldt or Cotchin to get the high draft picks needed for a rebuild. What else do they have? Ellis, Conca, Houli, Grigg? You’d be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for any of those. They are in a bad spot and probably the side furthest away from a flag list-wise in the AFL.

They’ve simply gotta fix their drafting and development before ‘going nuts’ on draft picks. Their recruitment over the past decade has been utterly dire except for absolute gimmes in the top 3 picks. They’ve gotten basically nothing from ANY 2nd round pick or later since Rance.

You can have all the picks in the world, but if you keep drafting blokes who turn out like Conca, Elton, McBean, Helbig, etc, it’s not going to do you any good. And that’s not to say these blokes were bad picks - quite often they played well in their first year or two at the club but went downhill after that. I simply don’t think Richmond can develop players at all.

Ive noticed over a few years that Richmond and the Dogs are the two clubs who are most likely to draft blokes who I rate. The difference in results speaks for itself. I don’t think the tigers are drafting spuds, I think they’re turning decent kids into spuds.

They've simply gotta fix their drafting and development before 'going nuts' on draft picks. Their recruitment over the past decade has been utterly dire except for absolute gimmes in the top 3 picks. They've gotten basically nothing from ANY 2nd round pick or later since Rance.

You can have all the picks in the world, but if you keep drafting blokes who turn out like Conca, Elton, McBean, Helbig, etc, it’s not going to do you any good. And that’s not to say these blokes were bad picks - quite often they played well in their first year or two at the club but went downhill after that. I simply don’t think Richmond can develop players at all.

Ive noticed over a few years that Richmond and the Dogs are the two clubs who are most likely to draft blokes who I rate. The difference in results speaks for itself. I don’t think the tigers are drafting spuds, I think they’re turning decent kids into spuds.

Agree, their drafting hasn’t been great but their development of players I abysmal. About the only thing they develop well are bitter old media hacks.

Geez, a board spill Wait for Caro to lay the blame at the assistant coaches and groundskeeper to keep her friend out of the firing line.

Geez, a board spill Wait for Caro to lay the blame at the assistant coaches and groundskeeper to keep her friend out of the firing line.

It will be Hirds fault no doubt.

They've simply gotta fix their drafting and development before 'going nuts' on draft picks. Their recruitment over the past decade has been utterly dire except for absolute gimmes in the top 3 picks. They've gotten basically nothing from ANY 2nd round pick or later since Rance.

Agree, but I don’t think they can do that with Hardwick. From my perspective it’s either Hardwick and stars or clean out for rebuild.

If they are going to do the rebuild I think Caro will put knights up for the job and he will get it, it will be a bad choice. I think they should get Ratten. Outside that I think they should poach McCartney from Melbourne as head of player development. Dalrymple from the Dogs for list management.

I think you should always give a coach a second chance at a rebuild unless exceptional circumstances. I doubt he has lost the players, I think he just has the pressure of “Richmond” on him and that’s why they recruited just to make the 8. Needs another 2-3 years to rebuild and play actual kids but as said above, need to spend more money developing kids. You only need to find 3-4 decent players and pick 40+ (over a couple of seasons) and you can really set the team up well.

We’ve been fortunate to get players like Zach at 26, raz and Hooker at 50+, Hibbo, hocking and Howlett (and tippa) off rookie list. If you nail them with your first round picks like it looks like we have with Heppell, Darcy, Francis (still way too early) and Hurls it makes the progress of the team for the supporters more pleasing and the fans will accept the rebuild. When you rebuild with Yarran, Hampson (hadn’t been horrible), Grigg, Hunt (or in our case Campo, Allen, zantuck, cole) then fans every right to become frustrated.

They’re done. Hardwick has to go. They think they’re better than they are because they got alon a good run over the last few years. They still had some shocking years too. Need a coach who is ready to get rid of the dead wood which is 3/4 of their list.