Season 2019 - Adelaide

Contracted to 2021 is Hinkley, but boy that 2014 finals run seems a long time ago. Been nothing but bog average since.

1 Like

A finals run in 2014.

Those bastards have been spoilt.

1 Like

So they will get pick 1 and pick 2

They also traded their first round pick to carlton.

Bryce Gibbs dropped again

And this with Matt Crouch still out of side

What a fall from grace

Can’t believe Jenkins wasn’t brought back.
Himmelberg had a few good games, but he was the spuddiest spud that ever spudded last week.

Wonder what the go is there.
22 touches, 2 goals, 5 tackles, 3 clearances last game.

1 Like

Gees, Don Pyke. You wouldn’t trust him to be alone with your pet goat.

That’s kind of bizarre.
They just lost by a point, their two worst players were Himmelberg and Jones, Galluci wasn’t great either and there’s a guy who didn’t have a tackle for the whole game, and they respond by dropping Gibbs.

I’m satisfied knowing Carlton ■■■■■■ away the picks they got from him too…

2 Likes

I reckon it’s a big issue picking up gun players from crap clubs. They run around picking up 30 touches at the crap club, and it’s never their fault the team lost. Plenty of spuds to share the blame around.

But then they come into a team with tight structures, it’s a different story. Everyone wonders who let that bloke run free, and you look up field and there’s your man with his hand up looking for an easy stat.

To my mind, that’s a lot of the reason that Rockliff was so poor last year. Genuine stat gatherer at Brisbane.

3 Likes

Whilst I generally agree with your point (especially around structures), I believe Gibbs is best used off of the half-back line distributing the ball (much like Goddard/Redman)

If Adelaide were not prepared to play him off of that half-back line, they simply should not have recruited him, or at the very least, baulked at the asking price.

In my opinion, they incorrectly identified a player to fill a role they only thought they needed.

1 Like

I think Adelaides problem is pace.
all their good midfielders are the same medium size and mid paced. Thats why they want to play the younger faster kids through there who can run both ways.
Crows could play Gibbs at Half back. He is a decent kick. Coach needs to be more lateral thinking.
He is too good a player not to be playing IMO.
If they want him more defensive move him out of the midfield.

3 Likes

Fair point

From what I could gather from the chatter in Adelaide a few weeks ago it seemed that Gibbs had been asked to sacrifice his game a couple of times to put a leash on a opposition mid and he pretty much ignored instructions which earned a scolding from Pyke
Looking from afar it also seems like he is prepared to give the kids like Himmelberg a bit of more leeway and put the older blokes on notice. Jenkins, Douglas, Seedsman, Gibbs have all been dropped multiple times

2 Likes

And that’s fine, but by golly they’d want to win this week.

Lest people think I’m only critical of Worsfold…
I hope whatever ‘lessons’ Pyke is trying to teach are worth eight points, because that’s what they’ve cost.

Himmelberg and Jones spudding it up again with Gibbs and Jenkins in the magoos.

Look, they’ll both be at the very least good players. But that’s not enough reason to throw away games like they have.

They should be six wins in a row.

I heard on the radio that Pyke is a multi-millionaire and can walk when he likes.

On selection he’s coaching like one and should.

Seedsman is also spudding it up.

First game back you’d give him a break.
You’d have him over Jones eleven times out of ten.

1 Like