Season 2019 - Fark Carlton

They’ll finish last, Adelaide will have the #1 pick but the AFL will give Carlton a priority pick which will give them pick #2

I think the days of 1st round compo for priority picks are done. The other teams arc up over it and rightly so. And it’s just too much incentive to tank

End of 1st round compo and these priority mature age signings/ability to trade those players seems to be fairer system

3 Likes

Yea there’s no way they’ll get pick 2 as compo if they finish last. Theyll get priority access to some state league players, I think the fairest outcome would be they get relegated to the VFL

5 Likes

Quite a stupid precedent they’d be setting if they compensated for a crap decision by the club twelve months prior.

2 Likes

Has Liam Stocker been made captain yet?

2 Likes

Rumour from up here:

Is it true he didn’t want to play for FARK CARLTON?

They had to twist his arm to get him back there, and just went that bit too far?

I’ll check this out with my sauces.

13 Likes

agreed, but they will highlight how they have been dealt all these injuries and how they have been too long down the bottom so it can’t all be their fault.

The AFL will say something like “The off gamble that turns into a bad decision should not punish a team for life”

Mark my words

Later, at AFL house:

Gill: “Precedent you say, what is this thing called a precedent?”

Hocking: “Hmm not sure, doesn’t seem to be in my dictionary.”

Gill: “Oh well, guess we’ll just have to continue making it us as we go.”

2 Likes

Ya gotta know I was aware of that as I was typing.

I don’t mean to offend those who are challenged for height but clearly the players just don’t take Bolton seriously. I’m not shocked they’re doing so badly.

32 Likes

I’ve seen Docherty referred to in a few spots now as “gun midfielder”. I thought he’d pretty much exclusively played HBF so far? Maybe they wanted to move him to midfield but has he actually done anything as a midfielder yet?

Tough to become a mid when you miss back to back seasons with ACLs. Not saying he can’t do it but it will be tough when he does eventually get back to playing.

1 Like

fark we have to wait till round 11 to play these muppets. want to see a 20 goal demolition. 20 goals kicked by Joey D

Definitely a HBFer up to this point in his career.

1 Like

We play them in less than a month.

Won’t be the real thing, but I’ll take it.

Nup. HBF all the way

They had planned to move him in there with Gibbs going.

After 2 knee recos, they would be happy to have him hide in a back pocket on return.

With all these injuries, there will be even more pressure on Walsh…poor kid.

I know they planned to, but it’s pretty laughable that he’s being called “gun midfielder” when he’s never played there

1 Like

I think its relative to the players they already have

2 Likes