Season 2019 - Sydney

Which is a delicious irony in some ways. Swans need a gimmick to stay relevant, Swans are in fact a gimmick that the AFL needs to stay relevant.

Can we stop talking about Sydney and start talking about the fact that Diggers likes to elbow random women in the t/ts at the supermarket?

4 Likes

All teams suffer if they stink.

How are Fark FC’s numbers looking? Even some of the numbers Essendon have been getting over recent seasons aren’t anything to get excited about.

Win and they will come.

It was such a pleasant surprise.

You’ve forgotten Minton-Connell.
Understandably, I guess.

I really don’t care enough about Sydney to hate them.
Although it’s always nice to see the protected species fail anyway.

diggers enjoys this banter way too much. i feel like a better way of trolling him would have been to review the other 16 opposition teams and leave sydney out.

8 Likes

Sydney, SINney, Sydeny, what ever you want to call it, Give us a break. 3 co-captains and half the team in the leadership group. But thats not half of it.

The All Australian Captain 2018, Buddy Franklin is not even in the 8 man Sydney leadership group in 2019.

That alone confirms its a scandal in the way the AA selectors choose the AA team. I mean it was remarked on at the time, but its pretty clear Buddy is NOT a leader and the choice of him as the captain of the AA team is now confirmed as corruption by the AFL.

1 Like

Ok i like a conspiracy theory as much as the next bloke, but i’m pretty sure the selection panel said that they made him captain due to making the team 8 times. 8 TIMES… I’m comfortable with this.

3 Likes

Agreed. Anyway, who gives a ■■■■ about the AA team, let alone who is captain?

Anyone who wants to whinge about it has to name 11 AA players from each of the last 3 seasons without looking it up, to show they care… then they can whinge

1 Like

Strange rule.

Do you apply that to other areas of your life?

Would certainly reduce the topics of conversation for anyone who doesn’t win at trivia nights.

3 Likes

Name 11 trivia nights you’ve been to from each of the last 3 years or this statement isn’t relevant.

4 Likes

:joy:.

1 Like

Here goes the elbow-titting champion of the Bronx.

1 Like

Captain Cucumber needs to be added to that list

Oh well, I’m the type of guy who will never settle down
Where pretty girls are, well you know that I’m around
I kiss 'em and I love 'em cause to me they’re all the same
I hug 'em and I squeeze 'em they don’t even know my name

D Hannebery was released for a reason.

Because he is cooked?

Because the nose beers?

For once I’ve got to agree with you re Sydney.

Because the alternative would be that he was released for no reason at all.
Perhaps just an irrational decision on the part of the Swine, inspired by their horoscopes, or a consequence of the entire list management team going on a drug fueled bender & throwing darts at player names.
But that would be unthinkable.
We all know there are no illegal drugs in Sydney.

1 Like

Pretty sure they let him go because he has become injury prone, a view reinforced by his latest injury.

1 Like