Season 2023 - Geelong

You don’t think every club pulls the same trick? ( if they can)

3 Likes

Clubs try but the lifestyle of living in Geelong always wins out over the footy bubble that is Melbourne clubs cant compete with that imo

Which is a seperate issue to arrangements outside the salary cap

2 Likes

Hawkins would swat Reddders away like an annoying mozzie !

He’s from Darley near Bacchus Marsh

Something clicked for that club the day they beat Richmond by 150 points back in 2007. Culture, scouting and fitness are always top notch.

Will be contenders again in 2024.

1 Like

EFA

How dare you?
Every year for more than a decade we’ve been hearing about the cliff coming.
Are you telling me there may not be a cliff?

1 Like

Interesting watching the premiership documentary is how Geelong go about it and the culture they talk about ruthless training standards and how the younger players push to be as ruthless in their training standards and game standards as the older players.

That is something you don’t hear our players talk about or even demonstrate at times

4 Likes

I don’t bother watching other teams premiership docos all it does is makes me jealouse and depressed.

2 Likes

I normally wouldn’t but it was on. My god the way they talk and behave is streets ahead of us we are bunch of pretty boys selling blenders

2 Likes

hows it feel getting sucked in for another year of the pretty boy blenders?

2 Likes

Fark I’m envious after watching that. They’re a great club the Cats and we’re about 20 years behind, disgusting

Cats wont win it this year.

Will still thump us

Calling it early - they’re done. Their defence is cooked just like their midfield.

Cameron will win them some games off his own boot, and they’ll generally win at home so they’ll probably still make the 8 - but they’ll be out first week

Their defence is missing Tom Stewart, Jake Kolodjashnij, and Jack Henry.

Three pretty handy blokes to slot back into it.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but I found it funny how they told Bowes he would be playing and crapped on about how much Danger loved him etc, but if it wasn’t for Stewart going down last week, would he have played this week? I doubt it.

Tbf he didn’t play round 1 due to a calf, and came in as soon as he was passed fit ahead of others. All the noise from Geelong is that he is best 22 so I’d say that is the case.

Whyte was the player that really got a chance due to Stewarts injury.

It will be interesting when Duncan, Kolo, Stewart, Menegola, Henry (if) are fit and Clark comes on. Could be a bit of a squeeze.

2 Likes

That’s not their main problem - it’s their Selwood-less midfield that is decidedly second-rate as Dangerfield hasn’t fired a shot. And it is coupled with an underwhelming #1 ruck in Stanley.

Their forward line is where they are still string + Blicavs who is filling holes everywhere.

P.S. I am hoping Cox will turn into the superb utility “play anywhere” player that Blicavs is.

Yeah ok, didn’t hear about the calf issue. I think he gets squeezed when everyone is fit.