Season 2023 - Geelong

Yeah not sure about that, I think there are still a few that go out before him.

I refuse to rule them out.

Still 20 games of football left.

3 Likes

Yup. They will likely get to the bye with more wins than losses (8/4 or 7/5), then they get their full team in and come home with a head of steam.

They have a massive home ground advantage. I still think they will be top 4.

4 Likes

21 games.

Each team plays 23 games this year.

2 Likes

I can’t believe people are writing them off after 2 games.

3 Likes

My bad.

Defence is cooked due to injury - Stewart and De Konig

Ratagolea is simply not up to it, would rather Zerk and Laverde.

2 Likes

Agree about the loss of Stewart and DeKonnig, they are huge holes to cover in defence, and Esava looks like he has little clue about how to play back.

@Finding_Nino might be the only person here who didn’t pick them for continued dominance.

Cats are there, there abouts - they are not getting blown off the park, been competitive, a bit of luck with injuries and could be a different story. Ie Moore goes off for pies injured, and Dekonig/stewart dont get injured the result changes. Cats were fuming about the turf.

Brisbane are the interesting one, I picked them last week and Port surprised me, expecting a better effort at home against the Dees.

2 Likes

My read on the Lions is that they have the midfield and forward line to smash the teams below them, but will struggle to contain the top sides as their defence is weak. If Andrews goes down, they’re stuffed.

Cats will look like Richmond of 2021 and 2022 - close but not good enough.

1 Like

Finally they get some injuries to important players. This happens to Essendon every year.

Without injuries, theres not much separating MOST teams.

They have a lot of older players that play vital roles within the team. As more of these players get injured/retire the cats will drop down the ladder. A few of these players are generational players too, they don’t grow on trees and will be near impossible to replace.

1 Like

Virtually all first-time premiership teams struggle the next year. 5 weeks less break, more opposition focus, less intensity, greater partying in off-season.

2 Likes

Demons went 10-0 to start last season. Richmond went 18-4 for the season after they won their first premiership

Certainly expect them to get stronger as the year wears on. They seem vulnerable but worth considering Collingwood were brutally good and Carlton despite our denial are a very good side.

4 Likes

And neither made the grand final those years.

Yep agree

I didn’t realise this :joy:

Essendon in 2001?

Mason Cox predicting Ratagolea will be AA on Twitter!