Season 2023 - Hawthorn

How is that actually possible?

10 Likes

What show is that from? Interesting to understand how that is happening.

just a completely shameless club who have butchered their list to ensure they will finish bottom for the next few years.

jack gunston leaving is apparently the problem according to their flog coach.

riiiiight.

AFL 360

Thanks!

Hawthorn being rubbish… Is wonderful.

How long til they start talking about merging again?

Worst supporter base in the league for jumping off when they aint winning

4 Likes

Take out the Sydney and Brisbane bandwagoners who have no clue about footy and Hawthorn are 100% the next worst.

They didn’t trade Gunston. He walked in free agency. They wanted him to stay, and offered him a 2 year deal.

They replaced Mitchell with Amon, lost O’Meara, but got their current number 1 Rick in Meek in return. I honestly don’t think it’s as bad as the media are portraying it.

They still would have lost both games by a sizeable margin if O’Meara and Mitchell stayed. Clarke had destroyed their list and this is the result of that

2 Likes

Traded from Hawthorn to Brisbane for #48 + #2023R4 (Hawthorn)

Originally free agency was the plan, but Brisbane was getting compo for mcstay, so didnt want to lose that so traded for Gunston. Brisbane bending the rules as much as they can.

SO yeh he was, but wasn’t a free agent in the end.

Hawks also got AMon so would not be receiving compo if Gunston left under free agency.
I Guess similar to us when monfries left.

Good argument to remove compo completely, for players not worth first round picks and leaving sides in bottom half of ladder.

1 Like

What the Doc says at the 1:51 mark is interesting :thinking:

3 Likes

its a wonder we all survived immunisations

1 Like

Vaccinations were mandatory for AFL players in 2022, yet the Hawthorn quack says he was not vaccinated and the AFL also said that no players were given a medical exemption

So why was he playing last year?

“Bringing the game into disrepute”

4 Likes

Doc must be telling porkies

1 Like

someone is

Sounds like poor governance to me. A loss of premiership points, a loss of future draft picks, and fines is the standard punishment IIRC.

Maybe he was legitimately exempt due to a health condition?

but I think the AFL said no medical expemtions were given.

How did he avoid the scrutiny that Jack Darling and Liam Jones got?

The AFL also said there was never an incorrect test (they got their compliant media to shut the hell up after Conor).

Given they did many tens of thousands of tests, that was basically statistically impossible.

1 Like

I think they’re being pretty smart. Hell, I just question why they didn’t trade Wingard out. I questioned about the cost of the Weddle trade, but learning they have McCabe F/S explains that.

I think they couldn’t have traded out Wingard if they tried. Who would want him

Anyone who needed a small forward to add to a side almost complete? I would have thought Melbourne should have jumped at him after losing Bedford. Given Hawthorn was trading everyone else out for second rounders.

He did average 1.7 goals last year (a bit of an outlier but also spending more time forward).