Season 2023 - Hawthorn

Well I knew it, based on a sample of 1 2023 win, Mitchell is now a genius better than Clarkson if not Einstein according to some.

Sorry. I am not going to make that pronouncement.

add LDU and North win.

I hope Mitch Lewis gets back so Hawks can be a bit more competitive.

They could nab McKay or any free agent with massive dollars and threat of PSD

You’re probably right. I seem to recall them putting Wingard on the trade table last year

Sam Mitchell said that the reason they traded out O’Meara and Mitchell was because they wanted to prioritise inside time for their younger mids (which they have a lot of)

But they wanted to keep Gunston, probably because they knew their forward line was weak. Probably the same reason they kept Wingard and Breust

15 Likes

They tried, no one wanted him.

1 Like

Dean Bailey. Chris Connolly got shafted.

What Hawthorn are doing is flat out tanking. Few position changes after half time and no effort.

Time to throw Mitchell under the bus

3 Likes

The good news for Hawthorn is that young players traditionally get better after Round 10, not tail off and fall away.

And they’ve done this on purpose.

3 Likes

If they get Collingwood, Melbourne or Brisbane when they are on, the highest score in a game record could be given a damn good shake.

1 Like

Do you know that for sure? I don’t remember it being said in the press.

Not quite.

Sam Mitchell wanted to trade Wingard to GWS. GWS were keen.

Wingard wasn’t having a bar of it and didn’t want to be traded. His wife and kids are all happy here and he loves Hawthorn. Nothing Mitchell could do.

2 Likes

GWS wanted Bruest. But he didn’t want to go there

Lets face it. Mitchell was shopping all the older blokes to every club and putting the players noses out of joint in the process.

1 Like

Fark Hawthorn.

6 Likes

In a recent interview, Wingard said Mitchell was the most competitive person he’d ever met.
Didn’t get to pass that on to the players today.

Third quarters this year

Hawthorn 1.5.11
Opposition 24.14.158

11 Likes

They are relatively injury-free. May the hole they are in get ever-deeper!

Looking forward to watching them tank all season for Harley Reid and then lose their draft picks due to the racism charges.

4 Likes

Im hoping for a double dose of pain for them.

The coach intentionally tanks the season, but he loses the players in the process, and consequently they avoid the spoon and therefore the opportunity for Reid. But whilst their supporters come to terms with this the AFL then strip them of their forst 2 rounders.

Coach loses the players, club is split between a favourite son coach and the players, AND they screw up the tanking due to thr sanctions.

4 Likes

glorious to see that Sam Mitchell is a rubbish coach.

4 Likes

Rubbish bloke. Rubbish coach. The type of person who wins a brownlow on an asterix.

5 Likes