Season 2023 - North Melbourne

And a follow up…

:flushed:

1 Like

What a loser.

6 Likes

I’ve said several times that we should look to trade for Thomas while he was out of favour.

Changing my mind rapidly right now. What a turd.

6 Likes

don’t understand why the AFL and North Melbourne are turning a blind eye to this blokes antics

he should be stood down

2 Likes

The AFL is just a Clarkkkson protection racket, so would you expect them to do anything.

1 Like

This isn’t going to end well for him. Appears to be a massive grub

2 Likes

The race card will end up being used in this situation and we know, right now, that is the trump card of all trump cards.

This situation as a result will just go away and they’ll be a behind the scenes payout or two to make it disappear.

For many others it would be career over and reputation finished.

1 Like

This crap is just the 1st step towards DV, controlling, manipulative, abusive behaviours.
Just a gross human on track to be the next Justin Murphy, toss the clown from the league ffs

3 Likes

Yep, that or “mental health/substance abuse”.

1 Like

‘Your time is coming’: Disturbing allegations against Roos star as ‘multiple women’ come forward

Fox Sports from Fox Sports

February 1st, 2023 6:09 am

Disturbing allegations against North Melbourne star Tarryn Thomas of harassment and intimidating behaviour have been provided to the AFL, with “multiple women” reportedly stepping forward.

Thomas, 22, earlier this month was charged by Victoria Police with a single count of threatening to distribute an intimate image.

But the Herald Sun on Tuesday night published an extensive article that revealed more allegations had been detailed to the AFL integrity unit by multiple women.

Watch every match of every round of the 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Season LIVE on Kayo Sports. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

VIEW ALL SCORES

At least one of the women, who was reportedly hospitalised as a result of an incident in 2022, had been provided with a psychologist by the league, which told the Herald Sun the behaviour alleged to it was “family violence”. The AFL, according to the report, offered to facilitate meetings with detectives from a family violence investigation unit.

One allegation included Thomas telling a woman he wanted to beat her and called her names like “a ■■■■”. Another allegation claimed Thomas threw a lamp at a woman in a hotel room, while there were also suggestions he’d sent threatening text messages.

Tarryn Thomas remains contracted at the Kangaroos until the end of 2024 on a big money deal. Picture: Dylan Burns

Tarryn Thomas remains contracted at the Kangaroos until the end of 2024 on a big money deal. Picture: Dylan BurnsSource: Getty Images

A flurry of texts published by the Herald Sun allegedly read: “You’re a fking joke … keep talking sht … sht going to come around soon … your turn will come … sht is going to go down … I’m not a n*** to be fked with.”

Another woman sent a text to friends last year that read: “I’m too scared … i know he’s (Thomas) gonna kill me.”

Two of the women told the newspaper they were disappointed by how the AFL had handled their complaints.

An AFL spokesperson on Tuesday told the Herald Sun the league had worked with Victoria Police regarding allegations against Thomas and had “reached out directly to those persons known to us” after the newspaper had put new information to the league.

“Any allegation of threats of violence against women is unacceptable and is behaviour that the AFL takes extremely seriously,” an AFL spokesperson said.

Tarryn Thomas has played 57 games for the Kangaroos ever since being taken with Pick 8 in the 2018 draft. Picture: Mike Owen

Tarryn Thomas has played 57 games for the Kangaroos ever since being taken with Pick 8 in the 2018 draft. Picture: Mike OwenSource: Getty Images

“The AFL has offered and will continue to provide wellbeing support to any person who has come forward with an allegation.

“The AFL has investigated all formal complaints where appropriate and where there have been allegations of criminal behaviour have facilitated contact with Victoria Police who are the most appropriate body to investigate allegations of that nature.

“Tarryn Thomas is currently the subject of criminal charges over a reported incident and while that matter is yet to be finalised in court, the AFL will continue to work with NMFC and Victoria Police and will monitor the outcome of the police action.”

Thomas, who endured a tough 2022 campaign where injury and form restricted him to just 10 games, remains contracted at the Kangaroos until the end of 2024 on a big money deal.

The Tasmanian product has played 57 games for the Kangaroos ever since being taken with Pick 8 in the 2018 draft.

He seems nice.

6 Likes

Something should happen. The AFL won’t like women calling up the radio stations in disgust as is already starting to happen.

To be fair they just shouldn’t like women being subjected to threatening behaviour and violence.

But they’ve already displayed they dont give a crap by welcoming back grubs like Carey and doting over him

1 Like

Weird how League are more progressive in the violence against women space. Automatically stood down from club once charged I believe.

I think he is trying to be a thug rapper. He gives off that vibe.

Pretty embarrassing.

1 Like

The only remotely watchable player on North’s list outside of Zuhraar, and now his career is done. Absolutely flying they are.

1 Like

Yeh I said he would fail our good character test.

I can go one better than Minion.
I wanted clakko and TThomas!

1 Like

Brown was watchable, but they cut him.
Horne Francis was watchable, oh hes gone.

whose left
Jaydyn Stephenson is watchable when hes on
Ziebell and Cunnington usually go alright for veterans.
new boys - Wardlaw & SHeezel probably ones North are most excited about, and as a neutral to see how the top picks go can they walk straight in to the AFL side, and will be in lots of supercoach sides. Think Sheezel could be like Rachele in his first year.

Jon Patton is the only player I can think of who lost their job for sexual harassment, although his knee made it easy to get rid of him…. Thomas will probably only get fined and suspended for five games or so.