Season 2024 - St Kilda

flog player, flog human by the looks of it

4 Likes

The only player that Rotten Ronnie was scared of. He was a dirty bastard that would get reported every game if he still played

1 Like

Good grief! I have to wonder if this is in any way connected to the Rod Owens situation. I hope it isn’t.

Ditterich had well left the Saints by 1985 , the date of the alleged incident. At that time he was living in Swan Hill .
Ditterich was at St Kilda from 1963-72 and 1976 to 1978.
I don’t think they were at St Kilda at the same time.

1 Like

I don’t mean Owens and Ditterich being there at the same time, rather the guy that assaulted Owens.

He was actually a great player.

Guess being good at footy doesn’t make you a great person though.

3 Likes

Did you ever see him play? I saw his first game at the MCG in Melbourne in 1963.

Maybe a wait until he has his day in Court on the other stuff is best.

3 Likes

Saints footy. RTB is a genius

2 Likes

The wheels have fallen off.

Junction Oval, I’m pretty sure.

Check afltables.com

1 Like

Yep you are right, long time ago and my memory failed me. I think the game I recalled was actually in 1966 on ANZAC Day, and that makes more sense as I am not sure I was a pie boy at the G when I was 9 in 1963.

The Blonde Bombshell they called him. Big Ditta. Fearsome ruckman and regular Jolimont Monday night tribunal attendee …

40 years ago wasn’t it. Not good these allegations so let the law take its proper course I suppose.

Everyone told me Ross Lyon teams never get trounced and are always reliable, well drilled.

See how they go next week I guess, let’s hope the wheels well and truly fall off.

2 Likes

ill never understand the logic of going back to ross in this case. hes gone to the well twice, with better teams, playing the same style he is trying to play now, and it didnt work. It nearly did, but at the end of the day, it didnt. I rank picking up ross again as one of the most bizzare coaching choices of the last 20 years.

2 Likes

Maybe gassed themselves in that GWS game and were flat for Thurs night’r

2 Likes

Did I dream the fixture being available months prior to the season starting?

I guess you can’t fully prepare for that, it is a tough break, but they were simply uncompetitive last night. Maybe the quote is out of context, but you can just say “we had a ■■■■ night, they happen, we’ll aim to bounce back” without seeking an excuse.

3 Likes

The fact that he flagged that means the players were also aware. That’s not the best way to get their minds right for the game.

1 Like

And the bulldogs also had 3 games in 23 days. Cry me a river jackass.

He also played at the Lakeside oval against the Swans early on. I got taken to that game and remember his prodigious leap. That in itself was not a surprise as he was well known as a high jump champion in high school.