Sewelol

Others have joked on TV/Radio with Lloyd that he basically fell into that hit. There's no shame in admitting it.

Lloydy lining up Sewell.image.jpg
Got a few threads open there wim.
Yep.
One on the 'difficult to trade with' palava.
Decided to let it go.
One on fantasy footy and one deciding if we want to be nobs at the Storm next year.
Edit: Lucky I closed the ■■■■ tab, eh?

Hawks know the end is nigh for Sewell. His numbers have dropped away somewhat. That said he still got 30 possessions in qualifying final vs Swans. Smart to trade him now with some form of currency and still contracted than have him walk out as free agent or just retire.

Like Chappy he would still have something to give next year and maybe year after but if we take them it looks like we are going all out to win flag in 2014/15 (fletch’s last hurrah!).

Yes they are somewhat hindering some younger players development but in the heat of a final you could rely on the experience and a big game performances from Chappy over Davey/Merrett and Sewell over Myers/Browne etc. especially since majority of our list is very young in the whole scheme of things.

That’s the only reason I can see us considering Sewell in particular. Would much rather we got Dal Santo though.

Looking at the Lloyd hit in slow motion, looks like Paddy caught him and threw him to the ground, causing his injury. I blame Paddy and now believe Lloyd to be innocent.

• allegedly.

History shows Hawthorn trades blokes when they're shot, so no way.  I'd have thought we would have learned from the Mark Williams trade to be very wary of trading with Hawthorn.

Dont think Sydney (Kennedy) and Freo (McPharlin) would agree with that. I would hazard to guess that our reputation is worse than Hawthorns.

Haven't

Hawks know the end is nigh for Sewell. His numbers have dropped away somewhat. That said he still got 30 possessions in qualifying final vs Swans. Smart to trade him now with some form of currency and still contracted than have him walk out as free agent or just retire.
Like Chappy he would still have something to give next year and maybe year after but if we take them it looks like we are going all out to win flag in 2014/15 (fletch's last hurrah!).
Yes they are somewhat hindering some younger players development but in the heat of a final you could rely on the experience and a big game performances from Chappy over Davey/Merrett and Sewell over Myers/Browne etc. especially since majority of our list is very young in the whole scheme of things.
That's the only reason I can see us considering Sewell in particular.

Didn't see the QF or much of the Dawks at all (snoozed through the GF) but 30 possessions isn't bad considering that according to most of BB he's a pensioner with a walking frame.

The name of this thread literally made me lol.

Sewell is contracted right? Let hawks keep him

Glacial.

Seems like a good bloke, someone that you’d love to play with, etc but he simply isn’t the type of player we should be chasing right now.

Why not, good bench strength. But only is he is free.

Thanks,but no thanks!

I wish Brad Sewell all the best in his future endeavours. Just not with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714jxXF7LLc

Those peptides have worked, looking at the thighs of Watson, Stanton and Ryder made me lose some booze through my nose.

I enjoyed that upon the resumption of play, a ball up at CHF, that Fletcher and Hodge both ran off the line to bump each other. Respect for both.

When Hawthorn are looking to unload an experienced player, buyer beware.

Yep. They basically built a premiership team by trading past-it guys with issues that were kept out of the public realm, in return for high draft picks, with North being the main victim. Mark Williams, Jon Hay, Nathan Thompson (although he at least played some decent footy) etc.

Do not touch Sewell with a barge poll.

Trade Radio â€@traderadio6m

Wright on Sewell: He was never on the table. A couple of clubs brought his name up Monday and then he's in the paper which is disappointing

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/388083518955204608

Hawks list manager Graham Wright on Sewelol:

@traderadio: Wright on Sewell: He was never on the table. A couple of clubs brought his name up Monday and then he’s in the paper which is disappointing

Thank christ

History shows Hawthorn trades blokes when they're shot, so no way.  I'd have thought we would have learned from the Mark Williams trade to be very wary of trading with Hawthorn.

Dont think Sydney (Kennedy) and Freo (McPharlin) would agree with that. I would hazard to guess that our reputation is worse than Hawthorns.

I see your Kennedy and McPharlin, raise you Jade Rawlings and Jonathon Hay.

It raises an interesting question as to disclosure, his body was fine, but his mind obviously was in all sorts.

they got 18 for hay which they used on bailey. IN hindsight 18 was definitely overs and it was probably slightly overs then putting aside his health issues . however if you want to throw someone in prision that should be whoever it was at port that agreed to trade pick 14  (Birchall) for nathan farken lonie.