She has retired

Seldom agreed with her opinion but didn’t mind her writing style. Opinion writer would be a tough job because you will eventually offend everyone.

Just occurred that maybe he was just wanting to get high & mistook it for a Cane Toad …??:thinking:

7 Likes

One thing to write opinion based on facts, another thing to write opinion based on opinion.
As Mick Warner said he starts with the facts . You don’t have to agree with his opinion, but at least he presents a few facts ( agreed, sometimes selective) to go by.

2 Likes

She offended the moment she started writing, there was never an “eventually” about it.

1 Like

So please tell us what you really think about her.

Some people just want to see the world burn…

it’s just a pity they didn’t use her as the kindling.

2 Likes

She’s a ■■■■■. She only wrote in order to bring people down. She never wrote about a positive article about anyone or anything in her life. She is built on negativity. She doesn’t love, she hates.

3 Likes

I hope the chief football writer now actually you know writes about football.

She should drop off a big thankyou card and a box of chocolates to the efc.

We handed her material for years.

Her father was famous when he was running the show at Richmond for his way of persuading young hopefuls to sign on at Tiggerland. He’d take a kitbag to the kid’s family home and empty its contents onto the dining room table. The kitbag was full of high-denomination banknotes.

1 Like

Finish your rep and fark off!

As for her vendetta against Jimbob:

As I remember it happening — and please correct me if I’ve got the facts wrong ! — when Hirdy was first appointed coach there was a lot of shyte about Essendon appearing regularly in her column in The Age — stuff that obviouslly wasn’t meant for public airing — leaks from Board level. Hirdy decided to put a stop to it, so he used a trick as old as human society to flush out Ma Donohoe’s informant: he gave a different false hot story in confidence to each of several people high up at Essendon. Only one of them was published, and it appeared in Ma Donohoe’s column.

The source of the leak was a prominent board member whom I won’t name here, because, apart from her unfortunate friendship with dear Julia, she had actually done a lot of good work while on the board (with indigenous recruits in particular); she left the board soon after the article. The word I heard (via my late sister who used to work at the Age), was that poor old Ma Donohoe was spitting chips when her Essendon source dried up and swore to make Hirdy pay for it.

Which she did — in Spades, via the Saga, which she promoted and fomented almost single-handedly until it took off like a deadly cancer and developed a malignant life of its own.

I’ve always had it in for the Essendon Board of those years for not supporting Hirdy publicly and not havong the guts to ban Julia and her newspaper from any contact with Essendon. They were too pusillanimous for that, because it would have put them offside with the AFL bosses and the Big End of town (blokes like FitzPatprick) with whom Little Paul and friends did business on a daily basis.

One last point: please don’t refer to Ma Donohoe as a “b-i-t-c-h” — I have two labrador b-i-t-c-h-e-s at home here; they’re both lovely creatures, and do not deserve the ignominy of being compared with that skanky huer.

Retire ? Ha ! She’ll never “retire”, until some philanthropist drops a house on her head.

26 Likes

Imagine if Don had licked her back.

6 Likes

Finished her reputation and farked off.

(Sadly, neither are true.)

1 Like

I’ll make him pay for unearthing my rat.

these people are caricatures if true.

I’d rather lick the back of a cane toad…at least you get a high out of that

I think she propositioned him when she was introduced on the show through some sort of pet segment…

1 Like

She must love Sam Newman then?

I hate posting this but the double standards of this f@#king s$%t astounds me!

2 Likes

Hate to admit it, not a bad article drawing on a few facts. It illustrates that being Gil’s mate is now a handicap.
In addressing the hurt inflicted on his family, she omits to note that, unlike the family of an Essendon coach, they did not have to endure media camping on their doorstep on and off for years. She never made a plea to other media to stop that.

1 Like

Time to dust off my sombrero!

2 Likes