Sick of the Geelong comparisons

First world problems.

Anyone else sick of listening to ex Geelong players somehow claim some credit dfor the bombers current form? Maybe they should step back a little and accept that this is 'a bit rich' and give credit where credit is due..

(Funny how they only make Geelong comparisons when we are winning!!!!!!!!!)

1. Chappy is going through a honeymoon period. I want 4 goals per game to continue but it wont. Chappy will not kick 70-80 goals this year. At some point he will go 5 games average 1 per game.

2. Bomber Thompson has been there 'with Hirdy' creating what we have now. As lethal pointed out we were 13 and 3 last year. **** - the year before we kicked 90 plus points in one friggin quarter!

3. The reason for the end of year fade outs has had nothing to do with game plans or hirdy's coaching and everything to do with a stupid supplement scandal - both years!

I am not gonna let some geelong wankers take credit for a bombers team that frankly would be winning with any number of good coaches at the helm as we speak.

Love Bomber, love chappy - but get a grip..

Thankyou! Refreshing after reading some of the moronic comments by essendon supporters in response to the clubs facebook shares, many of them lauding Bomber and conveniently forgetting the contribution James Hird has made in building what we have today.

Sadly a good portion of our supporters are as feeble and absent minded as our arch rivals and all to willing to dismiss a club legend as being a key architect in what is being produced on field right now. makes me sick.

Anyone else sick of listening to ex Geelong players somehow claim some credit dfor the bombers current form? Maybe they should step back a little and accept that this is 'a bit rich' and give credit where credit is due..
1. Chappy is going through a honeymoon period. I want 4 goals per game to continue but it wont. Chappy will not kick 70-80 goals this year. At some point he will go 5 games average 1 per game.
2. Bomber Thompson has been there 'with Hirdy' creating what we have now. As lethal pointed out we were 13 and 3 last year. **** - the year before we kicked 90 plus points in one friggin quarter!
3. The reason for the end of year fade outs has had nothing to do with game plans or hirdy's coaching and everything to do with a stupid supplement scandal - both years!
I am not gonna let some geelong wankers take credit for a bombers team that frankly would be winning with any number of good coaches at the helm as we speak.

Thankyou! Refreshing after reading some of the moronic comments by essendon supporters in response to the clubs facebook shares, many of them lauding Bomber and conveniently forgetting the contribution James Hird has made in building what we have today.
Sadly a good portion of our supporters are as feeble and absent minded as our arch rivals and all to willing to dismiss a club legend as being a key architect in what is being produced on field right now. makes me sick.

So, if somebody praises Bomba, without making a reference to Hird, it's disrespectful?

This thread tastes distincly 'Sorry Saga'.

Anyone else sick of listening to ex Geelong players somehow claim some credit dfor the bombers current form? Maybe they should step back a little and accept that this is 'a bit rich' and give credit where credit is due..
3. The reason for the end of year fade outs has had nothing to do with game plans or hirdy's coaching and everything to do with a stupid supplement scandal - both years!

So, if somebody praises Bomba, without making a reference to Hird, it's disrespectful?

you were obviously absent during the 'i prefer bomber over Hirdy' conversations taking place over the last few weeks....

Those that think some of the commentary about Bomber has nothing to do with the same commentators views about Hirdy are clearly not paying attention.

I love bomber too but this will be a hot topic for the next 4 months amongst all and sundry (ie Bomber vs Hird) and I wish it wasn't. Hird will be back - full stop.

Yep. Its inconceivable that that anybody could be impressed with what Bomba has done, unless they are secretly being anti Hird.

You know, as hard as it is to believe… Not everything is about Hird.

Bomba has made a sacrifice for this club in our biggest hour of need. He’s done it for no other reason than because he loves the club. And he’s done it (so far) very successfully.

He deserves every bit of credit that comes his way.

James can get the kudos next year after he takes us back to back.

Yep. Its inconceivable that that anybody could be impressed with what Bomba has done, unless they are secretly being anti Hird.
You know, as hard as it is to believe... Not everything is about Hird.
Bomba has made a sacrifice for this club in our biggest hour of need. He's done it for no other reason than because he loves the club. And he's done it (so far) very successfully.
He deserves every bit of credit that comes his way.
James can get the kudos next year after he takes us back to back.

Im impressed by bomber but no more impressed than I was with Hirdy same time last year.

I think the issue is, from what I'm hearing in the media etc, it's as if this has just come out of the blue, & it's all Bomba's doing this year.

Seems to be zero recognition that it's been a 3 year process under both Hird & Thompson that has this side where it is.

I would have expected & did expect us to be exactly as we are, an improvement on last year, & I have no doubt that we would be as good regardless which one was Coach.

We are Essendon!

The Greatest Team of All!

Geelong - Our playing style has elements of Geelong, But it's closer to the hawthorn style. 

So Watson reckons that the new solar center has been more important factor in our improvement than bomber and that there is no change in game style - funny that!!

well payed jobe

Bomber has been great but lets not go over board and lets support Hird while in exile

So Watson reckons that the new solar center has been more important factor in our improvement than bomber and that there is no change in game style - funny that!!

well payed jobe

Bomber has been great but lets not go over board and lets support Hird while in exile

And a good plug for Tru Value Solar. Always good to promote our sponsors.

I think the issue is, from what I'm hearing in the media etc, it's as if this has just come out of the blue, & it's all Bomba's doing this year.
Seems to be zero recognition that it's been a 3 year process under both Hird & Thompson that has this side where it is.
I would have expected & did expect us to be exactly as we are, an improvement on last year, & I have no doubt that we would be as good regardless which one was Coach.

I didn't really want to get into this but this is not entirely true. In the broadcast of Sunday's game and the previous game iirc it was mentioned several times that the bombers were 13:3 last year

well payed jobe

2 ovals. 

mmmmmm. 

I didn't really want to get into this but this is not entirely true. In the broadcast of Sunday's game and the previous game iirc it was mentioned several times that the bombers were 13:3 last year

I think that comes from the commentators with half a brain explaining to the one's with a quarter of a brain (or less) that our form isn't actually such a surprise.

Being compared to one of the best teams of all time, the audacity.

well payed jobe

It is the Essendon Football Club, not the James Hird Football Club that I follow.

I believe that Geelong is playing a lot like us. I see there are elements of Essendon in Hawthorns game too.

well payed jobe

It is the Essendon Football Club, not the James Hird Football Club that I follow.

atleast we are in agreement about that

Anyone else sick of listening to ex Geelong players somehow claim some credit dfor the bombers current form? Maybe they should step back a little and accept that this is 'a bit rich' and give credit where credit is due..

3. The reason for the end of year fade outs has had nothing to do with game plans or hirdy's coaching and everything to do with a stupid supplement scandal - both years!

Good call.

Nothing about the big step up that Jackson Merrett has taken.

Next to nothing about Myers's top early form, eg being the number one clearance player in the League first two rounds

Zero about the increase in the disposal efficiency rating of the team as a whole from previous year.

Little about Goddard's or Hooker's or Hocking's super start to the season.

Far too much about how sh*t Carlton are - and not how the Bombers managed to keep the boot on their head the whole game and actually finish them off.

Far too little about how Carlisle and Daniher have managed to cover the loss of our two starting ruckmen.

Nothing about how much real promise Gleeson has shown in only a couple of matches.

Too many ludicrous comparsions between Chapman and Crameri (WTF?!)

Just bone-lazy, pathetic headline-seeking journos and d*ckhead radio hacks and commentators.

So little REAL analysis of the football, itself,  it makes me furious

they probably dont even know who Jackson Merrett or any of our other youngsters are .........as for getting the media to comment on our play well good luck it will always be the other teams fault for losing, not ours for winning. As for Goddard he is yesterday's news..... now Chapman is there they will talk about him ...he is the only new player they know anything about !!!!