Something doesn’t add up

Byron

Who’s that?

I could do some cherry-picking and say Sydney didn’t draft him. A lot of indigenous players move on in trades…largely go-home factor as for Judas.

1 Like

Another interesting stat about that list, is - one of them did ok for a very short while.

2 Likes

Tim? Definitely not Liam.

Yes, hey, I didn’t say they did well, just that they have drafted them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would it be mean to point out that they’ve all been ■■■■?
I mean, I know that’s an aside…

Byron Sumner

Not at all, when it’s collingwood or Carlton, it’s fair game, ■■■■ is ■■■■ regardless of race

So Collingwood is pretty ■■■■ at recruiting indigenous players?

1 Like

Look, I don’t feel great pointing this out, but…is it nine to four?
Is it fair to compare games played?

I want to get on board, I do.
But doesn’t this show that we’ve drafted indigenous players at least more effectively than one other club?
Might be more, I don’t know. But at least one.

they are good at recruiting indigenous players, just bad at either picking good ones, or developing them…

1 Like

Im going thought my notes so we can end this debate now. I will post club by club as I find them

1 Like

ha - just what Essendon is being accused of, except it’s with non-indigenous players

3 Likes

oh yeah, its 9 to 4, and yes I feel out of our 4 we have done better for only Tippa alone. But it is 9-4 from less selections too. In fact if the pattern runs true, Collingwood are set to pick another indigenous player in the next 3 picks at the draft. Feel sorry for that guy

haha…indeed.

Ok - it sounds like you have a whole lot of research and stats at hand-ish.
Here’s something I’d be interested in seeing:
Correlation between teams prolific in recruiting indigenous players, and said players success rate vs otherwise. Another way of saying it - does the volume equal success?

There is no real way to also correlate indigenous vs non-indigenous draft ‘rejections’ based on perceived talent and/or potential and weighted by availability, because the ‘potential’ is arbitrary.

I’m torn.
I feel like 9-4 is pretty ■■■■.
As opposed to friggin’ Collingwood.

But…I also feel like there’s a really obvious counterpoint.

1 Like

That would be mean to Brad Dck, who could definitely play, but was more injury prone than Gumby

You could also argue it was harder to get a game at Collingwood for a fair part of that time

Yes, but…you’d want a 150 game player from nine picks wouldn’t you?
Although I get that where they’re drafted matters.

You’d hope if they could handle the Brazilian they could handle anyone.