Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 2, March 2022)

Yeah well, you can see this when you go to our matches…

You can’t give it to McGrath, he is barely worth his spot in the team at the moment.

Merrett is really the only choice, but with Zac injured I have no idea who to give it to.if you want to go a bit left field while Zac is out- I would give it to laverde

3 Likes

To play?

Bit unorthodox, but probably an improvement

9 Likes

No but he will get it, people have to just accept that.

4 Likes

And that level of entitlement is representative of our wider problems.

I am only guessing but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was offered as part of his new contract to keep him. Just a guess mind you, I have zero idea if true. I say that because the new look leadership was immediately brought in for this year with him second in command.

1 Like
  1. Don’t complain.
  2. Give us your money.
2 Likes

Would love Hodge at the club as an assitant or development coach

If Selwood gets the chop i would get him in for a year and teach boys a thing or two on being tough at the footy.

Board gets free reign… Answer to no one.

We as a membership base accept coaches hand picked by the board instead of going through a process. It’s a joke.

Nil development.
Players have better skills coming into the club.
Nil defensive running

Nil players getting dropped.

7 Likes

Apparently we actually worked defensively over preseason.

So what has been the disconnect.

1 Like

Essendon are just a completely inept, incompetent football club.

That’s pretty much all there is to it.

Its abundantly clear that nobody who is currently at the club is capable of driving us toward or indeed achieving any form of legitimate success on field.

Not Brasher, not Xavier, not Rutten, not Caracella, not Heppell, not Merrett, not McGrath and most definitely not Dodoro and Forster-Knight.

The only question that remains is how long we insist on going around in circles.

I won’t be surprised to see us waste at least another 7-10 years just treading water being a middle of the road side.

This club has completely lost its identity over the last 20 years.

Once upon a time we were a successful, ruthless, tough and skillfull football team (and club).

This current day version wear the same colours but they’re just playing dress ups.

A poor imitation of what was once a great football club.

I genuinely feel sorry for players like Martin and Hobbs because getting recruited to Essendon nowadays is effectively the end of your career before it’s even had a chance to start.

27 Likes

We just don’t have the cattle, been that way for 20 years.

3 Likes

watson took over in what 09.

that’s 3 years before 2013 debacle.
and by reports he was a key leader in the dissent to get knights sacked.

like it or not, he is apart of the essendon problem. essendon people and players thinking they are better than they are and think they know how to fix things from within the restraints of the essendon bubble.

the more time goes on, the more knights looks like the only one who was willing to try and change the shitshow that is this club, and the “essendon people” revolted and got him sacked within 3 years because he wanted to move on the older players and start a fresh.

3 Likes

Spot on. All this crying and yada yada, Dude. We don’t have a good playing list. Simple as that. Need to change list managers and get someone to come in and fix this ■■■■ up

1 Like

Lewis goes hard aswell

1 Like

if you dont’ have a good list, why the ■■■■ are you trying to implent a gameplan that sees you conceding a 100 plus points a game ?

if you’ve got that ■■■■ a list, make sure they are damn ■■■■■■■ hard to score against.

3 Likes

For a club that has historically tried new things and been on the front foot of innovation, we are now devoid of any creativity, only seeking to bring in B-graders that may be jewels in the rough. The only problem with that is we are ■■■■ at player development and fitness and conditioning.

For the sake of the fans and supporters, is there a chance the coaches can make some moves during the game and play the players in different positions occasionally? Further, get a bloody game plan that actually gives our forwards a chance to kick goals?

I love this club but we are years away - maybe 7/10 years from winning a final. Fitness is shameful with 8-9 soft tissue injuries in the first 5 rounds - our players can’t run can’t tackle and get swept aside. Recruited too many nice guys and not enough grunt players. Our skills are pathetic, we can’t win contested possessions and look like witches hats at centre bounces. We are in a lot of trouble - big trouble. I looked at the draw and I think we will be lucky to win 1-2 games before round 20. We need to think about trading out some good players to get picks - a big rebuild is needed

8 Likes

As I understand it Heppell played a significant part in regrouping the players after the saga. Don’t underestimate the trauma the saga has and continues to have on those affected.

He is at the end of his career and serviced us well.

I’m pretty sure he said it’s his last year as captain.

Get him to 200 games, hand over captaincy at years end.

4 Likes

Draper is so unfit it is embarrassing

5 Likes