Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 3, August 2022)

About a week I reckon.

And then watch that strength and conditioning team flounder when confronted by injury after injury at Essendon, and have no idea what’s happening or how to fix it.

Hahahaha brilliant

1 Like

I wish him all the best but he is a shining light of our problems. He should have been encouraged to retire last year.

1 Like

The surface at Marvel could be the issue we can’t get away from. But how does our list of injuries compare to the other teams that play there often? I know it’s a harder surface and that can be an issue.

Eventually someone will figure out how to not break us

1 Like

No, confident that he would just followed the money

1 Like

We need a coach who is strong enough to set the standard. And who has the support of the board and executive to do it his way without interference.

2 Likes

and that’s why I hate that pissant club.

Plenty of coaches have been on the verge of sacking, and then the sliding doors moment kept them, and then they went on to win premierships.

It’s not much, but it’s something.

1 Like

Complete rubbish.

Sheedy had zero influence on Clarkson’s decision.

1 Like

Should be sued for that

4 Likes

Some of the players in this side will be smiling inside. They can continue their antics with no fear of any consequences.

5 Likes

The problem with Barham’s press conference is that he let the media control the agenda.

He should have made a statement at the start along the lines of:

1. The Board meet on Sunday and things changed. I am now President.
  2. We have discussed topic A and decided to…
  3. We have discussed topic B and decided to…
  4. We decided to do an external review - this is what it will be…
  5. We made contact with Clarkson
  6. We didn’t talk to Ben (maybe we should have)
  7. Most of the Clarkson hype was fueled by you guys in the media
  8. As I stand here today, Ben is the coach
  9. We are meeting on Sunday to discuss a range of things including the long term coaching issue.
  10. Fark Carlton
  11. Any questions?
25 Likes

Agreed
Even seasoned media performers/politicians can fumble if they are 'ganged"

Joseph just said that to spite in light of Sheeds Tasmanian comments. Both are juvenile to be honest. Joseph’s of course is utterly crass. The media of course won’t take him to task over it- you can guarantee that -they’ll completely ignore it, whilst they were all jumping down Sheeds’ throat.

BTW, I will not sleep properly until I see Campbells head on a stick.

For what it’s worth I reckon we dodged a bullet. We should never have pursued Clarkson. After all, his last success was seven years ago and all we were going on was the self-promotion he engineered about his time in the US after Hawthorn sacked him.
Now we can have a proper review and get the right coach (Rutten or whoever) in place for this year’s draft.

7 Likes

Yep

If we had won on the weekend - would any of this have happened?

Over unders on Kangas winning a premiership before we win a final??

Drug money. Go to Hell, whoever the fark you are.

8 Likes