Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

On the ABC RN news just before, the presenter said that M. Gatto had info that EFC had taken illegal drugs.
fmd.

I think the aggression towards Dean Wallis is misplaced. I have always thought he was scapegoated long before this incident came to light. This doesn’t mean that he was good or bad at his job and whether he deserved to be let go for other reasons; we don’t know that. He made a mistake with the gambling incident and he was punished. That issue is finished.
But he was not to blame in anyway for the saga and he was sacked after it became public. It always looked like he was a sacrifice the club was willing to offer up. Wallis was asked to reconstruct records of supplements taken because Dank and Robinson didn’t do their jobs. It was reported he was slow at doing this, but it would have been a difficult task as even now invoices for AOD and thymosin have not surfaced.
Hird was scapegoated and responded publicly with dignity and fought hard privately to clear his name. Wallis is a street fighter so he responded to being scapegoated by threatening a brawl with those he believes responsible. Wallis won 2 flags and got picked for these same qualities.
Wallis is an Essendon legend and if it’s true that he refused to be part of a managerial/Robson cover up then that only serves to enhance the legend, at least in my eyes. The fact that we gave weapon $1m and sacked Wallis is an absolute disgrace and due at least in part to AFL executive interference. I don’t blame Wallis at all for aggressively pursuing fair compensation for having his career ended due to a saga that others were responsible for.

14 Likes

I managed to catch Ziggy Switkowski leaving an event I was at last night and had a brief chat as he was leaving.
I had no idea he’d be there and wasn’t prepared with a thought out line of questions, so walked away thinking that I should’ve asked this or followed up with that.
My notes are possibly jumbled in the order of how it happened but beyond that they’re accurate.

I asked about the notorious words
“pharmacologically experimental environment” and whether they were actually his. He said he knows there’s been a lot of talk about the report but it was all his words and he specifically remembers writing that line.

I suggested that someone doesn’t commission a report like that without a specific outcome in mind and he said that when he was brought in by the club they were ran by good people who were intent on finding out what happened but that all changed once Evans left.

I then asked about Simon Madden’s comments that the club knew what substances were used, just not at an individual player-specific level. He dismissed that claim and said the club had no idea.

I asked if the pharmacologically experimental environment line meant that he knew what the players were given and he said that he didn’t look in to what the supplements were as it was “outside of the matter” that he was brought in for. I followed up on his use of the phrase in light of him not knowing what was used and he again said it was outside of the matter that he was brought in to report on.

16 Likes

great work you did a great job on the questions you asked especially when you where not prepared. What Madden is saying may very well be true. But by the time Ziggy got there said records no longer existed, they conveniently disappeared. Ziggy could only report on what was, and wasn’t still there.

1 Like

X is just a naughty boy :smirk:

Admittedly though, I’m still not even sure what his correct name is. Charter? Charters? Chartres?

This is the evidence Gatto says Charter was shopping around.

Essendon doping: Key witness Shane Charter says Bombers dudded by ASADA
Grant Baker, Carly Crawford, Michael Warner, Herald Sun
December 3, 2014 9:19am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-doping-key-witness-shane-charter-says-bombers-dudded-by-asada/news-story/de97ed9d44fef60c638b673c8e03a665

ASADA has been seeking the sworn statement from Charter for several weeks.

But Charter yesterday claimed the document was only in draft form and “incomplete”.

He claimed to have been concerned that ASADA had deliberately left out parts of his testimony because it did not suit their case.

“In any discussion there’s some back and forth. They had a particular agenda. We got to points of difference.

“They wanted to amend things, change things, remove things and we couldn’t agree,” Charter said.

He had been unavailable for meetings with ASADA in recent weeks owing to family commitments, he said.

“It was incomplete. We got three-quarters of the way through it and I had other things to deal with.”

Charter said the unfinished document also did not contain any of the new evidence he recently discovered in one of his former offices in China.

That evidence is believed to be a document that suggests Dank had ordered a permitted form of thymosin from him.

Sooooo, is a Senate Inquiry now needed to sort this out?

9 Likes

His name is Sharter. Even his mum calls him that.

1 Like

ASADA interview Charters in detail. They promise him a job if he can provide good info.

They provide Charters a summary of the interview, but it has left out the bits they don’t need (e.g. receipts for thymomodulin).

Charters refuses to sign the doctored transcript. The ASADA job disappears.

Charters gets Gatto to see if he can pump money out of Essendon for this info. Charters and Gatto don’t do stuff for free.

Essendon refuse.

Should I be surprised when this article isn’t published?

21 Likes

How wallis was still employed by the club after his betting thing on the eve of our finals match in 2011 has still got me stuffed.

On the ABC RN news just before, the presenter said that M. Gatto had info that EFC had taken illegal drugs.
fmd.

Fake News

1 Like

ABC News Radio saying Gatto was approached by a senior Essendon Official then going on to say… Shane Charter, an Essendon employee contacted Gatto… ??? Lazy, lazy reporting!
At least they did quote Gatto saying nothing illegal at Essendon.

Hang on a minute. Two posters say that ABC radio is reporting Gatto reckons we didn’t take illegal drugs and also that we did take illegal drugs. Does this Gatto bloke even know what illegal drugs are?

I reckon he has a fair idea.

13 Likes

I like how you can throw out there EFC have taken drugs. Doesn’t say players, staff, visiting public, a person walking his dog around the club.

Wide enough not to be defamatory, focused enough to have a go at the club.

4 Likes

If Gatto used the term illegal drugs, it does not necessarily mean WADA banned. He could be hinting at cocaine use, referred to by Wallis or Elliott in that earlier Hun report.

4 Likes

He (Charter) claimed to have been concerned that ASADA had deliberately left out parts of his testimony because it did not suit their case.

“In any discussion there’s some back and forth. They had a particular agenda. We got to points of difference".

“They wanted to amend things, change things, remove things and we couldn’t agree,” Charter said.

Assumption: Charter is to sign a sworn affidavit

Charter prepares the affidavit according to his knowledge and understanding of the events

ASADA want to amend things, change things, remove things.

Help me out here…What is the legal term for the activity of amending, changing, removing statements from a client’s affidavit? …to a point where the document may no longer reflect the clients knowledge and understanding on the events

Attempted…?

[http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-doping-key-witness-shane-charter-says-bombers-dudded-by-asada/news-story/de97ed9d44fef60c638b673c8e03a665]

8 Likes

Pretty easy to ascertain what they wanted to include and exclude.Take out any of the bits that say thymodulyn. Add bits that say Thymosin. Leave it just grey enough so that one could jump to the conclusion that it was thymosin beta 4. (another strand in the cable)

Amazing ASADA it seems are even more corrupt then Mick Gatto. But no inquiry is needed as there is no new evidence? all the evidence has been there staring them in the face all along. How farking pathetic our country is. The crooks have more morals then our government organizations.

9 Likes

Fraud, isn’t it?

although this is US definition http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Fraud
A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury…

A statement need not be affirmative to be fraudulent. When a person has a duty to speak, silence may be treated as a false statement. This can arise if a party who has knowledge of a fact fails to disclose it to another party who is justified in assuming its nonexistence

7 Likes

Who gets Daddy to step in a negotiate and workplace settlement on your behalf? Pretty pissweak in my opinion.

2 Likes