Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

The theoretical motive is obvious though. Torch everything, pin it on support staff, players get off. Was the AFL’s strategy from day dot of the saga after all.

Seems the opposite if you entertain the motive though.

If you entertain the possibility re: motive and his actions, then it could be plausible that evidence was simply ‘lost’ forever. Not necessarily malicious, but definitely naive and short-sighted if that is what happened.

A Chairman goes to his footy club on a weekend and that is seen as evidence of something evil. The idea that documents can be destroyed and no trace exists by accessing our accounts (did dave have all the computer passwords?) on a weekend is fanciful. ASADA would easily find the other side of the transaction or backups or evidence of deleted data etc. All the supplier lists would need to be completely destroyed and that would be evidence alone of a massive cover up. You don’t realise what a ludicrous accusation this is given the nature of accounting systems.

Maybe you are referring to some detailed list of every supplement given by injection to every player? But we know that was not recorded because the club asked Wallis to create such a spreadsheet months later because it didn’t exist and they realised it should’ve; and in numerous interviews Dank has never claimed this level of detail did exist. He does explain quite clearly what the records included and it does not satisfy the AFL rules.

We got screwed over by a giant corrupt machine and a perfect storm, not a missing piece of data stolen by our chairman.

These types of accusations make us look like deluded loonies - which I probably am - but sometimes such as on this occasion, I recognise it.

8 Likes

I think that is the key bit.

Sure, however looking back at the type of ■■■■ the AFL, Lukin, the other clubs, the media, ASADA, WADA and CAS have pulled over the duration of the saga…just because we might look like deluded loonies, doesn’t mean we’re crazy (or wrong).

1 Like

In all of that, you did not address the main issues.
Why did Evans go down to Windy Hill on the weekend before the self report? What did he do there? What was he looking for? Who was with him? What became of the books, records, documents, things he was looking for, and found? Who, at the club was aware of his weekend at Windy Hill. What information did he provide the Board after the weekend of snooping?
You also bypass the fact that Evans was snooping around the club long before he made the decision that the priority was going to be; protect the players.
Evans is not Essendon, he’s a mate of Vlad.

7 Likes

Martin Hardie! That guy who did the Kickstarter made $10k and never produced a book

In chips book or martins articles it talks about dank and Evans at the races and discussing AOD etc

I thought it was a well known story.

The AFL told him they have evidence that we have been taking banned PEDs.
They tell him “We can look after you” and minimise the damage.
Then ask him to get rid of anything at the club the may incriminate us. So he goes to the club and gets rid of as much stuff as he can and then self reports.

Hird said himself he went to the club to find the forms but they were gone.

The thing is that at the very start the AFL are spooked. They have been told we have been taking banned PEDs. They actually have no idea but want to control the narrative.

3 Likes

what do you expect from a law lecturer?

I understand that Hardie later had some family problems and fell on hard times.

Whatever lengths Evans went to it is apparent from his resignation statement that he was colluding with the AFL - perhaps mostly on his own initiative - and that he had been found out and jumped ship as an alternative to public exposure. I do not doubt that he was ill that night but he disappeared from public view and ran his business from Sydney for a while.
Health seems fine now, developing his golf course, bringing in celebrities and the big end of town, no journos camping on his lawn or shoving microphones in his face. But they know where to find him.

6 Likes

Perhaps still sold $10k books and didn’t deliver

Still a professor at Unis etc

Not sure he was ever a Professor or had tenure, but he is no longer listed on Deakin’s law school.

Did Asada check our records and computers or did the AFL? I was under the impression that the AFLs auditor were the ones who did the computer forensics not ASADA as again surely they don’t have the power to simply sieze company assets.

I don’t know if Evans did hide or destroy any evidence but their can be little doubt he had the opportunity and motivation.

What’s worse is Melbourne University’s Law School, a publicly funded body , which claims its sports law instiute as 7th in the world and first in Australia, yet has never conducted a public lecture on the topical legal issues of the the NRL and AFL doping issues not as far as I know ever done any any academic analysis in relation to the two biggest Australian domestic sports.

6 Likes

Hardie’s wife was battling cancer for a period of time.

Searching for information is short of hiding. However how do you know what Evans did or didn’t do?
And; as Evans had already lied about Demetrio and a phone tip off which both James and Tania Hird have knowledge of, as to when he knew about the investigation - it opens the door. He has proved himself to be untrustworthy. His allegiances lie elsewhere.

If documentation ever existed, after that weekend it didn’t.

3 Likes

Yes the AFL’s auditors took phones, lap tops, computers, files and anything of relevance to them.

I do and there has been a lot of ludicrous behaviour things done and said that have occurred during the saga. If it were not happening to our players, we might even make comment that it was all bullsh1t.

Even the latest break in and theft at the Hird’s residence. People can laugh and point fingers when it comes to conspiracy theory but sometimes, the truth is stranger than fiction. In this instance it is.

There was a comment made that the Board did not want to act because they did not want to have to pay anyone out. That worked well didn’t it?

1 Like

That is a very long sentence. However you are correct.
Maybe the J34 @Heffsgirl can approach them with that statement asking for a few members to discuss the topic?

Here’s the simple way I see it:

David Evans didn’t fight hard enough for the club.

He was conflicted in his interests between the EFC and AFL(ASADA).

He chose AFL over the EFC.

He left the players, Hirdy and Bomber to take the rap.

He continues on his merry way.

14 Likes