Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Was widely reported then ignored by media and public. Nothing to see here.

8 Likes

Its not about whats popular Tom, its about whats right.

19 Likes

what an Rsole

1 Like

Not interested in this = don’t care that lives were ruined on falsehoods concocted at town hall, which by the way accredits Tom B so he can get paid.

2 Likes

Interesting that we now have proof of the umpires screwing us since the start of the supplements saga too.

The only year when we got given a break was when we have zero banned players on our list in 2016.

Browne’s comments align with how the AFL has gone about things

That being … EFC farked up so it doesn’t matter how the AFL acted thereafter, even if other clubs were doing similar. Ends justified the means to protect commercial interests of the game.

But … No one disputing EFC’s fault with a poorly managed program. But AFL actions are not excusable in relation to that to “get the outcome they needed”

Rogue sports scientist was the narrative. But really it’s all about a rogue league administration.

7 Likes

Who cares what Tom Browne thinks.

When he starts reporting on the trail, just get everyone on twitter to lay into him saying how no one is interested in the story.

2 Likes

Hey, this undermines the “free-kick Hawthorn” narrative!

Urban dictionary is your friend @Stressed_out. Alaskan Fire Dragan.

Excuse my ignorance.

But wont Gill & co just lie on the stand?

What discovery could be done (has been done) to get them to have been found to commit perjury?

1 Like

I don’t know much about law, but I’m guessing that Burnside doesn’t read out a list of questions without follow up… like what happened to Andruska.

He seems pretty invested in this case, even when he no longer represented Hird.

I think he will be all over them.

On another note, I think it’s fair to say that Fitzpatrick on the couch interview, didn’t help his case. It’s made it worse.

9 Likes

Did you ever watch “Geoffery Robertsons Hypothetical”
Answer one question and 10 minutes later you end up reversing the answer to the first question

1 Like

Oh, … he’s still representing James, don’t worry about that.

In deed, if not words.

8 Likes

Not really. When did Clarkson first start having the umpires around for pre-season barbecues?

Tracey went BANG! But no one heard it, no one cared. Except us.

However the followers of 17 other clubs wanted us to take some kind of whack, just like when they play us on the field.
Such is the partisan nature of the competition, and the big pigs that run the AFL know it and use it

4 Likes

Clearly he has no understanding at all about the nature of the litigation on foot. It has nothing to do with apportioning blame for the events of 2012 and everything to do with protecting the consumers that brown claims have no interest.

7 Likes

?

quite a fitting title really…

5 Likes

Without a doubt the best post of the year. Bravo sir

They don’t need to lie but you will get rich every time they say

“I can’t recall” & “I do not remember”

1 Like

I suspect that the court case will also embarrass a few Essendon people - It won’t just be the AFL.

2 Likes