Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Peter Gordon in his regular Friday morning spot on the ABC pretty much ran this line. No explanation at all. Even repeated the lie (deliberately no doubt) that JT is an EFC supporter. At the end Jon Faine commented that clearly the case was “a waste of everyone’s time”.

Gordon also took the opportunity to defend poor Gil over his brain fade this week with trialling rule changes in season. He’s got such a tough job (apparently) that such lapses need to be overlooked. Truly vomit-inducing stuff.

13 Likes

In my extreme way of thinking the court case would have not only shown up those two ■■■■■ Gil and Fitzpatrick but also would have led up the path to some entity like the federal government or the Illuminati. Insert free kick count going up, insert JTs finances going down, insert settlement getting, erm, settled.
But who’d know.
At least the Illuminati admit they’re shady.

1 Like

Gordon said something about Taylor getting interlocutory costs. He did not say how much he was paid(off) for what he asserted to being appointed to represent Gil and Fitz. Gates would love that comment.

3 Likes

Pretty obvious whats happened here. AFL has chased down the major players in JT’s funding of the case and
influenced them in some shape or form to pull the funding” Such a shame, all over now folks the bad guys get away with it. Makes me so farking angry. Id be flat as a tack if I was one of the 34. Wont be surprised if we see a poor showing from us at the game tonight.

5 Likes

Does this mean we start getting free kicks again?

7 Likes

Was JT receiving any sort of crowdfunding? is it strange that he would not publicly ask for help, knowing that there are a lot of people that would be investing in his case? There is certainly an odour to this. Which only further adds to the stench of this whole saga.

1 Like

Blitz pockets might be deep, but not near that deep! How many others would care enough to tip in? Talking large 6 figure sums here aren’t we?

5 Likes

Essendon has a lot of supporters, I just find it strange that he would pull the pin without making more of an effort to find alternative means of funding.

Would be interested to find out where he was getting the money from and why that dried up.

One wonders whether Hirdy’s recent coffee with GM had anything to do with the resolution of the case.

It all sounded very mysterious when Crawf raised it on the podcast and Hird refused t]point blank to say anything about what was discussed…

4 Likes

Gil approaches Hird and offers to look after him if Hird calls the dogs off.
Just like Gil got Little to call the dogs off.

I don’t like to entertain the thought of Hird being bought out

2 Likes

Why would Hird wait until now? If he was going to be bought out it would have been 3 years ago when he was at rock bottom.

1 Like

would hird even have anything to do with the case? ffs, just give up trying to figure out what the coffee was about. Gill and hird probably spoke 100 times together and youd have nfi about it.

3 Likes

Doesn’t make sense to me either, but some speculate

We will never ever know. AFL has long feelers, they would have found out and found a way to make the funding stop, threats, buyouts, exposure, who the fark knows. They really are the untouchables, and it makes me sick.

6 Likes

Timing is whats got me stumped. The time for the big $$$ was when it was before the judge - thats when a silk like Burnside costs 10-15K per day. He got past that initial stage & was awarded costs, all the money spent should have come back. Right now should have been the time when they were getting access to the AFL’s records - you know the stuff they have been so keen to hide BUT I can’t see how right now is when the money has run out. It makes no sense, disclosure isn’t the expensive part of the process. I know who some of the backers are/were & I know why at least 1 has other issues to contend with but again this simply reeks of corruption. Having got past the biggest hurdle (getting the case approved to progress) why not make a public appeal for funds now. People were reluctant to invest from the start because it seemed a very long shot in the dark but now its right at the point where the AFL have been ordered to face up. I have no doubt at all a public appeal would have been more fruitful now. Why not stay the course until at least you get access to the AFL’s dirty laundry & have something to seek a real settlement with?

The whole thing has been a complete waste of time & a further kick in the guts.

8 Likes

Shouldn’t this thread be closed.

1 Like

no.

3 Likes

Jackson Taylor specifically said when he tried to fly this case the first time that he didn’t want to crowd fund it, after an initial attempt he thought better of, because he knew how expensive it was going to be, and didn’t want to draw the common folk into funding major legal costs which went down the drain.

He was always looking for someone with very deep pockets who could follow this through to the end. He apparently thought he found that person, but the plane did fall out of the air after all, despite their reassurances.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Burnside got on board for free (could be wrong), and Jackson certainly feels like he has been kicked in the guts after all the work he has put in.

If the money to actually progress the case was no longer there, through AFL influence at one level or another, to go ahead and risk being required to pay the AFL’s costs would have bankrupted Jackson, no doubt, if he had no backers.

And, as I said above, he clearly didn’t want to spend the money of the common folk, which probably would have been nowhere near enough, and achieved not much anyway, and he would be left owing the remainder of the costs the public couldn’t cover.

The AFL had the ability to make this as expensive as they liked, and, if they held all the cards, this put Jackson in a very bad position. If walking the way without bearing the AFL’s costs was the only way of avoiding financial ruin, it was a fair call.

As Jackson said at the outset with his backer, when the dollars run out, the plane falls out of the sky.

5 Likes