Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Bizarre

All these are good… no, excellent… suggestions for overly used and/or abused words in the English language, but do any of them instantly conjure up the exact opposite thing… as “integrity” does??

1 Like

Not retrospective?

4 Likes

The Coalition establishes ICAC which:

• ignores the 10,000 submissions arguing for its creation (not retrospective),
  • won’t make corruption findings,
  • won’t hold public hearings,
  • can only be referred by gov agencies and
  • won’t have state ICAC powers.

projectendo: “TALK DIRTY TO ME ” ye moorish kyng’s heralds art like unto a lapdog; lo, see them prepare another missive

12 Likes

Well there is “decimate”.

2 Likes

Yeah, … Literally, Laconic, & Decimate would all be worthy winners.

1 Like

Pristine is getting close. It should mean “untouched by humans”, but you see it being used in sentences like “this is a pristine buildingl” which impossible under the original meaning of the word.

I am just waiting for some revisionist to come in and say words mean whatever people want them to mean these days.

2 Likes

Is this a joke or what?

1 Like

Not a joke. It is the way they currently think. Very sad actually.

3 Likes

The way I understood it, is that literally anyone can make a claim to a ‘government body’ ie - police, who then forward it to the new commission if they see the need. It’s a misleading point.

Can you find/quote anything saying it has to be natural & non-manmade?
All the free online dictionaries (so not OED) list it as just meaning unspoilt & in it’s original state - and quote things like shirts, houses and magazines. It’s from Latin via French from the same root as prime/primal, meaning something in it’s original state.

I can certainly see the angle that it’s become diluted and is now used to mean like new, as in it’s been “restored to pristine”, which isn’t really right.

1 Like

Unless your complaint is against a corrupt cop…

23 Likes
33 Likes

I, for one, welcome our Tanner overlord.

3 Likes

It’s only taken him all these years to do this.But good on him.

6 Likes

BUT TANNER IS AN EX GOVVIE PLANT

2 Likes

A veggie (PLANT) and I say never, ever, put your trust in a current or an ex politician until they prove their worth.

Edited by yours truly.

2 Likes

GAGF , until you did the edit and now I agree a very little bit

I don’t trust bacchusfox. So mdso drops some truth.

2 Likes