Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Both are mysterious, but they don’t cancel each other out.

Why Charter suddenly got himself in, and then suddenly got himself out of this mess, is still the greyest area of the whole saga for mine.

3 Likes

I seem to recall charter met with people from a coterie, or even the club, and told them what his evidence was. I’m sure at the time there was some confidence he wasn’t going to be able to sink the players.

I’d expect Mr McDevious to be on the blower to his mates at the AFP pretty soon.
We might like to joke about it on here but some of those allegations if true are pretty worrying and could have further repercussions for the club.

1 Like

IMO it occurred as a diversion to ensure what was really going on did not get investigated

Criminal activity in sport was the focus of ACC report. As in criminals (in particular bikie gangs) making money from dodgy dealings related to sport.

Charters came forward to make it a purely doping related case ONLY by coming in and providing ASADA garbage uncorroborrated evidence about the supply chain which they swallowed up hook line and sinker desperate for a scalp.

Thus divert attention away from and allow for tracks to be covered in regards to the fraudulent activity going on and illegal drug/PED racket allegedly happening, with EFC completely unaware what was going on under their noses in a financial sense due to our extremely lax governance.

5 Likes

exactly, we are learning how dodgy and corrupt not only the top levels of management of the AFL but also our club. I am beginning to have no doubts that records where “conveniently”(for the AFL) lost by those in senior management.

By comparison Dank was one of the lesser shady characters in the saga.

3 Likes

Anyway I don’t know why asking for help from Mick Gatto is a such a scandal. He’s just a legitimate, above board businessman with no criminal convictions, right? Right?

10 Likes

Nothing new in any of this beyond the emergence of Gatto’s name. Which actually just adds to the monetary benefit side of the theory as to what happened.

Elliots claims about invoice records being removed from his desk/system AFTER Asada arrived are meaningless. We already know that deloittes/afl/asada siezed all records.

I DO find it revealing that the Hypermed invoice was addressed to Elliott though. Its almost as though someone was trying to create mass confusion within the club for some , err,unfathomable, reason.

Some were were posting on here about the medicare rebates and incorrect schedules for players in 2013.

Willcourt claims that Dank forged his signature on paperwork.

Alavi couldnt lie straight in bed but is on record as getting invoicing “wrong”, alleges theft and money owed, tried to sell info to Carlton and produced dodgy product analysis well after the event.

Charters is an outright crook.

Dank it seems has a major financial problem with various nefarious parties and is being shot at.

Iirc , Dank told Bates that there were ways to get around financial phrasing/funding. “Ok. I have a way to put the high performance unit as a R&D tax break. That would mean a fair chunk of money going back to the club. I was about to employ it at Essendon but held off”. He was very very, umm, interested in finance was Senor Dank.b

Lets call a spade a spade - it is very likely that a shambolic club with inept management was -at best- ripped off financially. Gatto’s name just feeds into that scenario.

13 Likes

Can someone post the other article, the one re. Medicare etc.? Thanks.

Edit: :Sorry, found it. Carry on.

As I see it , if true this shows why Hird was victimised .There was a lot of dodgy stuff happening and everyone wanted it to go away and hoping as soon as possible.
It also makes it absurd to say that Hird was the architect of the progamme when all this stuff was happening as well and being covered up.

8 Likes

Give this thread a few more pages and we’ll all be convinced of this for sure!

3 Likes

Robson is about as Red and Black as a piece of ■■■■.

10 Likes

THERE ARE NO MORE PAGES

4 Likes

Wait? Hird wasn’t the only one to blame for all this?!

4 Likes

No, as senior coach he should have been across all aspects of the club.

Have you learned nothing from Caro these last few years?*

*Rhetorical question.

8 Likes

Has Dean Wallis learnt how to open an Excel Spreadsheet yet?
Wasn’t it his job to keep a record of what players were taking?

As stated by others, it sounds like a disgruntled worker throwing all kinds of ■■■■■ at the club in the hope he gets his pay day.

It worked for Dean Robinson. Don’t think it’ll work for Wally.

2 Likes

So the club are being accused of talking to Gatto to get him to shake a couple of people involved to find out exactly what happened? I applaud the club in being so desperate to get the bottom of the truth.
Desperate times.

The interview of the herald sun editor on MMM this morning seemed to be the first time it has been publicly confirmed that the Age reported the story with bias, and the HS for that matter.

David Johnson (?) stated that members of the Essendon family had a story to tell and the HS told it. The AFL had a story to tell and the Age told that. He then went on to joke about Caroline Wilson and Liz Lukin being the same person.

17 Likes

They are both the same at making up stories to suit the AFLs agenda.

2 Likes

Or perhaps Gatto was used to coerce Alavi and Charters to change their tune. Would be interesting to follow the paper trail

Warner has been compromised!!!

1 Like