Speculation about changes for Dream Time v The Tigs

Franga has to be in defence. Brown plays the CHF role way better and Aaron’s intercepting is a real weapon.

I’m not sure Franga has done enough to hold his spot. He’ll be the first one in if a defender goes down, but Brown is a MUCH better forward.

2 Likes

I agree, but how does he get in there ATM ?

1 Like

Haha, i’m trying to work it out.

Francis is a developing player

If he is on the fringe of playing both fwd and back it’s fine. Eventually he will get opportunity via injuries (they happen!) or simply have the form to take someone else’s spot.

I thought he looked to be really improving with his impact fwd last week. Probably will go back to VFL and really stamp himself if plays fwd.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting on Speedy’s reply for a while for the answer

1 Like

Maybe this, but if you want to go smaller in the forward line you could go with Ham instead of Lav :

B Ambrose Hooker Saad
HB McKenna Hurley Francis

C Merrett Heppell Shiel

HF Walla Brown Laverde
F Stringer Smack Baguley

R McGrath Belly Zaka
INT Redman Parish Guelfi Langford

We must find a way to get mosquito in the team this week.

with Daniher out McKernan is a certainty - otherwise its clarke as we just need a backup ruckman
Brown in to CHF for Francis
Mosquito in for BEgley to make the most of the forward chances.

In: McKernan, Brown, Mosquito
Out: Daniher, Francis, Begley

I dont think Francis should be dropped regardless. Find a spot for him, i dont care where. But Hurley, hooker, Ambrose and franga is no good for richmonds attack. Way too tall. They aren’t a big forward line at all. Their smalls will kill us

He would be more value forward this week. Id only bring in mckernan, and play mckernan, stringer and Francis forward

1 Like

Then drop him until next week. If he doesn’t play because of team structure then that’s fine.

Brown is way better forward than Franga.

1 Like

Bomberblitz is cooked.

Francis was good forward last week. He doesnt deserve to be dropped.

5 Likes

Francis showed great intent last week. Doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Brown is a better CHF and he can come straight back from a wrist injury. Either they find another role for Franga or he shouldn’t play.

2 Likes

Team selection about picking the best possible players to play out the role they there for to win the game

At this stage whilst Francis improved his output if Brown is ready to go he’s a more competent option at CHF right now

Francis didn’t do much wrong but it is what it is

4 Likes

Yep. Sometimes team selection isn’t “fair”. I love Franga, i just want him to take his spot in the back line where he belongs.

1 Like

RIP Joe. Looks like Francis has become a very important player for us. Forward or Back?
I say forward. We are overloaded with defenders. He is more mobile than Hooker.

1 Like

Francis forward, Brown back in at CHF. Don’t rush giraffe neck back from a soft tissue injury… Surely this is a key “learning”

WRT the Francis spot in the backline, Marty Gleeson is ready to come back. Thats probably next week for Carlton. We probably need a smaller defender back there for Richmond, which means no problem with Francis forward.
Ambrose to run with Tom Lynch, who is able to run 15+km in a game. No one else could keep up with Lynch at CHF. Hurls to take Dusty when in the area. Hooker, Lynch in the square and or whatever other tall they come up with at FF.

Francis must stay in and play forward. Did anyone watch the Hawks game? The Doggies game? Richmond really struggle with strong marking forwards. McEvoy going down eventually hurt the Hawks but they were killing Richmond with contested marks up on the wing before eventually rolling over and dying.

We don’t want to be too tall forward, but Francis and Brown are hardly lumbering giants and the former certainly has a turn of pace and tackling ability.

If we go in the game simply trying to “match” Richmond we will get belted, we need to try and exploit some of their weaknesses.

OUT: Daniher
IN: Brown

That would be a straight swap and would keep the structure the same.

The way to beat a small forward line isn’t to match them up with smalls, it’s to put pressure on the inside 50 to cause long bombs which favour marking players. As a contingency, we have Bags who can go back as well as McGrath, to go along with Saad, McKenna and McNeice, so we aren’t exactly giants down there anyway.

I just want to try and fkn WIN the game, not save it.

9 Likes