Speculation about changes v Free Kick Hawthorn

Out: Francis, Mcniece, Bags

In: Brown, Shiel, Fantasia

2 Likes

This will be a very big game. They all seem to be lately but this one is a special.

Home game on a Friday night at Marvel against a hated rival… both teams on the same win/loss, similar percentage (we are ahead by 1%), both a bit hot & cold and both coming off a week off.

Genuine toss of a coin game (particularly with the Clarkson factor and Hawks coming off a loss) but I think the game being at Marvel slightly suits us.

3 of the last 4 Friday Night games at “Docklands” against the Hawks we’ve lost by margins of 108, 56 & 94 … hardly inspiring much confidence. The other one was Cyril Rioli snatching the game off us in the last thirty seconds (2014). We owe them.

3 Likes

Ambrose :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Did Tim Watson let it slip in commentary that Shiel is out for the next game?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he did actually do a hammy and the club is just playing games with it publicly.

1 Like

Mcniece should be binned.

Begley could do with some touch in the twos as well.

Ridley must come in

I thought Francis did well today. Brought other players into the game with some good handballs and taps to the right area. Kicking is elite - sure we would like him to get more but he is playing in a forward line playing too high and not getting good service. Francis, Lav, Langford and Parish brought some vitality into the forward line.
McNeice for Ridley

5 Likes

Shiel, Fantasia and Mozzie please!

1 Like

Fantasia fit?

Woosha said in press conference Shiel stringer Fantasia & brown all good. Looked a bit cagey.

1 Like

I heard Stringer pre game on 1 of the radio stations (Triple M or AW?).
Anyhow, he sounded quite adamant about an immediate return post Bye when asked.
Also said Shiel will be back.
They didn’t ask about Raz.

2 Likes

McNeice and Bags might make way for Shiel and Stringer.

Classic

1 Like

Has there ever been a 2 week hamstring injury?

Would love Stringer, Shiel and FAZ to come back and pump those Hawthorn arseholes.

What about Faz?

You’d think Begley makes way?

2 Likes

We are still struggling in transition, would like to see Brown back asap.

5 Likes

Pretty sure the price on an even money bet is $1…

1 Like

Got up and walked out when they hit the 100 point mark in that 2016 loss, was always coming with a team of top ups but something about hitting the 100 mark thats “yep thats enough for me”

1 Like

Worsfold said Shiel, stringer, raz all to be fit for hawks

In: Shiel, stringer, raz
Out: zaka, bags and an unlucky fridge
Personally I think frang and lav did enough to hold their spot

2 Likes

Bags kicked 2 goals & Begley kicked zilch and has done diddly squat since coming back into the side.

Only kicked 1 goal in 3 weeks.

Lav whilst looked good. Is not Stringer level. But as I noted they brought him in to be the 4th marking target so perhaps would keep him even if we had all of Smack, Brown & Stringer there.