Speculation about changes v Free Kick Hawthorn

Wouldnt surprise me about Stringer, it felt like he did a few soft tissue injuries last year yet was always back a week or 2 later.

1 Like

HAwks have wingard, impey, Puopolo and Breust so I would suggest he stays in.

Wingard - Redman, Breust - Saad, Puopolo- McNeice Impey - McKenna

1 Like

Wingard gone for 3

4 Likes

Edit prob 2 with the bye

Shiel, Fanta, Stringer inclusion would be sweet.

OUT Francis, McNiece, Baguley
IN Stringer, Shiel, Fantasia

1. Note that Stringer probably won’t be ready to go.
  2. Note the short break between Hawthorn and West Coast.
  3. Francis is fit and working hard but he is playing out of position and not adding value.
  4. Ambrose on Gunston, Hurley or Redman on Breust, and our brand new tagger Clarke on O’Meara. We’re a good chance against the Hawks.
2 Likes

In: Stringer, Fantasia, Mosquito, Shiel
Out: Francis, Begley, Baguley, McNeice

B: Redman Hooker Ambrose
Hb: Saad Hurley McKenna
C: Zaharakis D Clarke McGrath
Hf: Laverde Stringer Fantasia
F: Mosquito Mckernan McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Bellchambers Parish Shiel
Int: Merrett Heppell Guelfi Langford
Emg: Ridley Ham, Zerk-Thatcher

1 Like

Like this but like to see begs stay in

I reckon the lad deserves a break after returning from an ACL. Has played a massive 3 games. Averaging 12 touches and 2 tackles. The goals will come. Is 20 years old. The Bagman has played 9 games and is averaging 9 touches, 1 goal and 3 tackles. Is 32 and has prolly peaked, no? Upside with Fridge for mine.

Stringer is an All-Australian and prem player. Frame of reference a tad high. Lav has been cruelled by injuries. But, that is besides the point. He was our best forward today. Kicked two (should have been 4). Presented well. And has improved his defensive forward game. Was infinitely better than our other forwards in Smack and Franga. Again, needs more games, not fewer ones. Stays in for now.

7 Likes

Mozzie is just wishful thinking.

With a few coming back, I doubt there’ll be promotions from the VFL…Brown possible exception, just to keep Sicily and Stratton honest.

4 Likes

In: Fantasia, Shiel, Stringer
Out: Baguley, Begley, McNeice

I don’t think we should rush 3 guys straight in from soft tissues. Playing with fire. Shiel I think the most likely of the 3.

Is there vfl next week?

I’d really like to see Gleeson back in for Mcniece

2 Likes

Agree

2 Likes

All three teams have the bye.

Dunno about the wheelchair team.

1 Like

PLAY THE MOZZ

Watch Houlihan’s mark

Houlihan - you beauty

4 Likes

Odd that apparently Worsfold said Stringer will be right to play. Personally, I have my doubts. Fanta & Shiel will be fine.

1 Like

In: Shiel, Stringer, Fantasia,
Out: Begley, Francis, McNeice

1 Like

Massive wasn’t it.

1 Like