Speculation as we head to the filth

They don’t bomb it anyway, it’s not how they play.

From yesterday we need to tighten up on this. Too much space given to the opposition around the contest near the goals. And very loose with opposition player floating in the forward line.

3 Likes

Harvey said early on we had too many players flying for footy and leaving opponents at ground level.

Reckon we were too Brown conscious.

Also a number of marks dropped of players trying to float in to intercept didn’t help.

2 Likes

We were, but with good reason. Gonna be a different challenge this week, let’s start by not letting it in there in the 1st place.

I don’t expect any changes. Our selection committee don’t appear to make selections based on our opponents.

2 Likes

Someone post it

We absolutely have one to many talls in the backline. We ended up with to many players jumping at the ball yesterday as a result. Collingwood have a much different fwd line to NM. One of DEA or AMRO comes out, but both Franga and Riddles are not really suited to come in. We really need someone like a bags or MCG down there. But I dont want to take Bags from the fwd line or MCG from the midfeild.

If Zacha was comming back in id put MCG back. Perhaps Green in to play fwd and Bags back? I really don’t want to bring Green in but cant think of anything else.

If we can break even in the midfield battle we will burn them on the outside and win. If not we will lose.

1 Like

I’m confident we’ll do well against Collingwood. We have found form and cohesion with the team playing as a team that understands what they all need to do.

It’s going to be a massive test of how good we are. Collingwood are playing very well and will step it up to knock off a flying Essendon outfit. But we have shown post Richmond game that we can pick ourselves up and get back into winning form (and did it on the road twice). What gives me confidence is that our game style - when we are on - is lethal. We can burn teams and burn them badly. So we have the tools to be a very dangerous side. Plus one that can and does do the hard inside tough stuff. We have a very solid game plan.

4 Likes

They’ve got a chopper in the air.

2 Likes

They play a ridiculous amount of quick players that can play midfield/rest forward or vice versa. They absolutely torched Melbourne on the outside a couple of weeks ago. This will be a real test.

2 Likes

Commentary on the weekend is that if teams can match Melbourne on inside they get beaten badly for pace outside.

Which is what Pies did. And also what we did to North for a lot of the game.

We def need to change up our defence this week. The suggested above Green in, McGrath back, Colyer to wing not without merit. Ambrose out?

We’re a lot better than Melbourne on the outside. A lot.

Fetch is sooooo gonna happen.

4 Likes

Mcniece might come in for ambrose or dea. We need to start selecting smaller defences against the richmond and collingwood type of sides otherwise we will get torched again.

1 Like

I agree that we’re better than melbourne on the outside but pies spread so rapidly from the contest that I worry whether we’ll contain them defensively if they start dominating.

I dint mind being delusional. On current form the only game I can see us losing is Tigers, Collingwood a big test as was North as was Eagles, We should beat freo, saints, Collingwood, Port and Hawks are at least 50/50 games, possibly even more our way if we hold form and barring injuries

So is dunn dun, or done? Is dun brown or is brown dun? Or is dunn brown or brown dunn?
I’m really farking confused now.

1 Like

Think we will win but bookmark it that Sidebottom or that Cox pelican kicks a bag

IN : Win
OUT: Loss

Spot on. Our backline didn’t suit North.

When the ball hit the deck they scored easily. It felt like they scored most of their goals 10-30 meters out. Our Size down back became our liability.

1 Like