Speculation on changes vs Fremantle

He had a huge ice pack on his quad after the game so don’t reckon he will be fit

1 Like

Need to get the 2017 forward line band back together again.

Hooker and JOE forward, AMT at there feet with Mozzie playing Greens seagull role.

5 Likes

I reckon we need to trial 3 talls up forward. West coast are playing 4 nowadays.

On Friday night we struggled contesting long balls out of our defence and into our forward line due to a lack of talls

Are you suggesting a Tabener/Hooker shootout in the HOUSE OF HORRORS aka Colonial aka Eithad aka the sh*tshack?

Can’t play to see Hooker beat his chest like a fcking ape when he nails his 5th goal and gets the margin back to 6 goals with 3 minutes to play. I LIKEY

We’ll win.

1 Like

Don’t be absolutely stupid.
He isn’t good enough at AFL level.
You know this.

If you want to risk Hooker forward, and it is a risk this week given Freo have some big guys (Hogan, Taberner, Cox/Lobb), then Francis joins Hurley and Ambrose in defence.

End of story…

2 Likes

We certainly need marking targets and we need crumbs for the small forwards. Both noticeably absent in recent weeks. It would be good if some of our midfielders chipped in with a couple of goals, too. We need scoreboard pressure, also noticeably absent in the last few weeks. While Hooker is no Carey, he can clunk a mark. Perhaps if Francis was in defence, he wouldn’t look so lost.

1 Like

Our trial of 3 talls on the injury list has been a disaster!

2 Likes

Out: Clarke, Fan-ta-see-A
Cannon: Myers

In: Daniher, Clarke, Moz or Ridley

They got smashed heartily, though.

2 Likes

No he’s not. Not even for VFL, yet.

Yep. Tall, genuine marking targets allow us to play our direct game style. We just don’t have the foot skills to retain possession and find the 20 meter passes a small forward line demands.

Sadly, we are pretty cooked for marking targets at the moment.

Me too, seems to work hard in the VFL, tackles well and we need to know his value by the end of the year.

l went and saw Freo play yesterday. Fyfe was dynamic and Mundy was also good. Tigers blitzed them in the first 8 min, then let them back into the game. The third quarter is when the Tigers really started to get their run going. Freo couldn’t go with them. This should be another close game.

Top of the outs should be

Tippa (for walking around when the ball going I50), Myers and Zaka

But we know that will not happen. Not how Essendon rolls.

PLEASE DROP MYERS AND LET DARCY PLAY MIDFIELD PERMANENTLY.

If I’m Parish and Francis both out of contract and being play out of position, I am outta here at the end of this season.

You can your bottom dollar that a handful of list managers from other clubs are in their ears saying ‘you will play week in week out in the midfield and defence respectively if you come to us’

If you think otherwise then you have no idea how this industry works. Ihave a few friends who play at the level and it happens

1 Like

Wouldnt have thought its a huge shock that other clubs go to players telling them they will play them in their natural position

2 Likes

People on here have disputed that before

In: Showing confidence in young players to rebound after an average game.

Out: yo-yo selection policy with young players

I agree, Hartley comes in. That at least allows Hooker to start forward where he should at the moment.

I don’t mind Daniher deep, Hooker CHF and Stringer as more marking targets, allows you to have the flexibility with Francis as more the intercept player.

Taberner kills us anyway, Ambrose gets first crack.

Hartley/Hurley rotate on Hogan maybe, doubt Freo will bring Dardy Mcrafty back in this week.

2 Likes