Spring Carnival

dang wimmera ! Let's Make a Deal  stiff !

if only smoking joey was called smoking joe might have thrown it in for luck ... stupid Y  lol forgive me misiti

would have pegged the quad if Galah got home but not a monster collect.... 30 odd % of 1100

hit a few % of the first 4 in race 6 so cup days paid for :)

Moudre cost me 10 bucks dammit  but couldnt resist the 75s

and jumped on Foretller for the cup @ 40s

good luck all

Should probably be under the 'Spring Carival' thread as that rarely gets used anyway.

For what its worth I had a couple of bets last month which were Fawkner at $101 and Dear Demi at $31... hoping for a good barrier draw tomorrow.

ok im gonna ask early ... what tickets you holding for the melb cup ? B)

Seville @ $81 e/w

Voleuse De Coeurs $ 51 e/w
Sea Moon @ $37
Mount Athos @ $21

Added Dear Demi to that list just then. $42 with Ladbrokes.... will back one more on the day and fingers crossed one will get up

Need some opinions -

Got the field down to 9 runners for multiples etc 2morrow. However there's 4 runners in my group who've not had a start this prep on Australian soil.

Just read that of the last 5 international winners, all had a start before the Cup. Sounds like a fair trend.

Should I be disregarding these 4 runners based on them not having a run first - history suggests I should???

ps - Yes Rocky, I know Geelong Cup form is good form

Need some opinions -

Got the field down to 9 runners for multiples etc 2morrow. However there's 4 runners in my group who've not had a start this prep on Australian soil.

Just read that of the last 5 international winners, all had a start before the Cup. Sounds like a fair trend.

Should I be disregarding these 4 runners based on them not having a run first - history suggests I should???

Fiorente placed last year and it was his first run in Australia.... Red Cad done it the year before.... who are you thinking of disregarding?

Need some opinions -

Fiorente placed last year and it was his first run in Australia.... Red Cad done it the year before.... who are you thinking of disregarding?

Of the 9 that I've narrowed the field down to, these 4 haven't had a run this prep (out here) prior to the Cup -

Brown Panther

Mount Athos

Royal Empire

Verema

Don't necessarily want to eliminate them, just considering history. And if so should I just be leaving them out of the win in the multis???

I'd have Mount Athos in big multis just on the owners talk.

I know they're self-promoters to an extent but, as with the guy on Saturday who said he has the next Black Caviar, when the talk is that big I think you have to listen at least a little bit (unless it's Gai).

Agree - Make sure you include Mount Athos in everything!

Green Moon is worth a punt, because as you guys well know Geelong Cup form is good form.

Need some opinions -

Of the 9 that I've narrowed the field down to, these 4 haven't had a run this prep (out here) prior to the Cup -

Brown Panther

Mount Athos

Royal Empire

Verema

Don't necessarily want to eliminate them, just considering history. And if so should I just be leaving them out of the win in the multis???

FWIW, I've had a look at some of the footage from the OS races & I rate Verema a good shot at it.  Its odds should be closer to 20's (currently 13 to 1 TAB fixed) with no local starts but it looks like it should run the distance strongly.  How well it & its jocky deal with the track big field is always the biggest question.   

Agree on Verema. She looks strong. I’m sticking with Demi though, been too far to jump off now.

Have drawn Foreteller in our $2400 sweep, something I would never have backed but that may be a good omen

Playing with a couple of multis but definitely going with Fiorente, Tres Blue and Dear Demi …purely for my love of mischief :wink:

Top 4 - Sea Moon, Mt Athos, Seville, Simenon!

Other chances. Dear Demi and VDC.

Haven't decided.

Sticking with Nearest The Pin in the nineth(?).

There's a horse race tomorrow?

Top 4 - Sea Moon, Mt Athos, Seville, Simenon!
Other chances. Dear Demi and VDC.

I'm down to those 6 plus Fiorente and Fawkner in my Multies. Need to knock a couple out. Fark this is a tough one this year!

Much more even race than normal. Only one horse that's more than 100-1. The multiples will likely pay a bomb.

Boxing up Fawkner, Fiorente, Verema, Mount Athos, and Super Cool.

Need some opinions -

Absolutely not. They still run placings.

Stick with Fiorente,Sea Moon and Verema. 

There is allegedly little pace in the field, but at the same time a number of runners like to go forward. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two tAKE HOLD of their jockeys, therefore setting a genuine tempo.

Wasnt on Opinion, but I reckon you should just about get your money back for that.

Dabbled at Caravan, but wasnt surprised to see they misjudged the finish.

I always back Race 8 horse 4, but today it is Gris Caro............hmm should I

I always back Race 8 horse 4, but today it is Gris Wilson............hmm should I

ha ha bad omen, automatically changed to Wilson