Spring Carnival

gai being investigated by stewards over 'treatments' for cup contender according to FSN

Wasnt on Opinion, but I reckon you should just about get your money back for that.
Dabbled at Caravan, but wasnt surprised to see they misjudged the finish.

Sportsbet refunded any Win/Place bets on Opinion.....its my only win for the day so far :(

politeness @ 4.2 is my bet of the day

Quaddie is paying at 4,5,15 anf 14.  Back both of them in the 6th and 8th races at Moonee Valley.

Lloyrd WIlliams and then Gai on the Super Cool Mark Kavanough has the best outside shot.

i'm on everything.

There is no result with which I can win money. I've snookered myself.

Not too late to realise that Geelong Cup form is good form people.

NEVER too late.

so what happened there, with super cool not winning?

well done to Damien Oliver.

that was a very gay race.

1st, 3rd and 4th in my trifecta  :angry:

I’ll say this for drinking. It made me accidentally put Mrs Wims bet on Fiorente twice.

i feel dirty winning with Gai.

Any tips for the next? Want to keep rolling.

Great to see Gai and Damien get the chocolates, even better to get the exacta.

Holy Crap!
Hope you had 20 on it!
Mrs Wim continues her tradition of backing first and second, and having different horses in her multis.
Still, RC was a handy place.
Not as bad as 2002 when she backed first second and third and had three completely different horses in her tri.

Holy Crap!
Hope you had 20 on it!
Mrs Wim continues her tradition of backing first and second, and having different horses in her multis.
Still, RC was a handy place.
Not as bad as 2002 when she backed first second and third and had three completely different horses in her tri.
Only a 5, still very handy!! Makes up for coming out behind the last two weeks

What a great day! Not a great winning day but a great fun day.

Congrats to Gai and Olly, she’d a little tear watching the presentations.

Lots of hard luck stories and of course poor little Verema who paid the ultimate price.

My little horse ran a really solid first up race and finished near the winner…not near enough to be in the money but as she’s bred for distance I was really happy with her effort over 1400.

Now to sober up a little and find something yummy for dinner…fish and chips has never sounded better.

Well done to all who managed to find a winner!

Gun ride by Oliver. Used barrier 5 to settle Fiorente into a prime position, considering the tempo of the race. Started moving forward at the 100m, made considerable ground to the 500m, let the horse move  under its own steam till the 250, and then went for home. Oliver was a good jockey for Fiorente because he never pushed the horse, allowing it to find its feet. And its pleasing to see a Waterhouse stayer win from further back than midfield.

Need some opinions -
Got the field down to 9 runners for multiples etc 2morrow. However there's 4 runners in my group who've not had a start this prep on Australian soil.
Just read that of the last 5 international winners, all had a start before the Cup. Sounds like a fair trend.
Should I be disregarding these 4 runners based on them not having a run first - history suggests I should???
ps - Yes Rocky, I know Geelong Cup form is good form

Fiorente placed last year and it was his first run in Australia.... Red Cad done it the year before.... who are you thinking of disregarding?
Of the 9 that I've narrowed the field down to, these 4 haven't had a run this prep (out here) prior to the Cup -
Brown Panther
Mount Athos
Royal Empire
Verema
Don't necessarily want to eliminate them, just considering history. And if so should I just be leaving them out of the win in the multis???
FWIW, I've had a look at some of the footage from the OS races & I rate Verema a good shot at it.

Ha

Was terrible news re Verema.

Can someone explain why a broken leg in a horse = put down?

Don't they heal or can't they be treated?

If it is bread as a race horse it will never run the same again.

So it is a money decision.