State of Origin - Bushfire Relief Game Squads

Has not been doing any contact / tackling etc

I heard Zac Clarke will play instead

2 Likes

Stringer should be in that squad.

1 Like

Agreed. Oversight. Add him to unlucky duo.

That team would give the other 2 a good run for their money.

Name them please?

I would use it as motivation. There’s enough articles, lists, now teams to motivate this group week by week until the ending of season.
I can’t recall exactly but only in the past few years was there a sneak peak in an opposition room(Collingwood or Hawthorn I think?) with a cut out of an article about something we said about the opposition.
It can be irrelevant, minor but sometimes little things can go a long way in motivating a playing group on game day and I think we’ve been provided a ‘truck’ load.

1 Like

you reckon jade Gresham or Zac tuhoy are better players than say, Merrett and Hurley?

I could’ve sworn I saw him in match practice the other day I was there but now I’m doubting myself. Not being a smart ■■■ here, just didn’t know.

Everyone has more good average players than superstars. That’s the point!

We have exactly 2 matchwinners. They’re both coming off injuries.

If someone wants to use that to pretend Jade Gresham is a better footballer than half a dozen of ours, go for it.
But think for a second about the flipside: someone arguing Jade Gresham is better than X, Y or Z because… bushfire relief game, February 2020.
Yeah, nah.

Every team had to have at least one player($ and marketing) hence some of the not so great players. It’s not a real all star game.

1 Like

I agree, but it’s still pretty good, especially for this time of year.
I had Howe in my East vs West team.

Any chance this will turn into a full on hit out? Seems players are always in favour of bringing back the State of Origin of old. This is a good opportunity to prove what it could be today.

Not sure how that fits in with the actual purpose which is raising money. Typically things like this are more festive than serious.

Will be interesting to see.

1 Like

Good squads.

But to suggest we dont have matchwinners a plenty is ridiculous.

As most said underdone.

Will be interesting to see how we line up against WC in a couple of weeks. Good tester.

The last one, from memory, I think they were going at about 70-80% but when you have that level of concentrated skill it’s still good watching.
I guess I expect similar.
If it turns into a good bloke jokefest Ill be pretty annoyed, charity or not.

Anyone going to go??

Sure, but Gresham’s the 2nd St Kilda player after Brad Hill.

Jake Lloyd, Papley, Blicavs, Sicily - there’s a fair few names there who you would say are a step below elite. Does some AFL person reckon they’re ahead of Zerrett/Hurley/Heppell or Shiel? Fine. Not going to change what I think of any of them in the slightest.

You might be right

But last medical report which was only recently they said IIRC he was about to be re-introduced to contact work.

Wouldn’t have done enough to go and play in this game.

1 Like

Bought tickets a while back, nice to have all our family supporting the same team.

1 Like

Ah right, I might have just caught him early in his reintegration back to the main group for the contact stuff.

The downside from the shoulder surgery for Hurls is gee he looks skinny.

I hope they don’t plan for him to take the opposition’s big key forwards this season cos he looks like a malnourished, anaemic toothpick.