State of Origin - Bushfire Relief Game Squads

Inb4 Fletcher comment

1 Like

I guess Hurley and Sicily would be fighting for the same position.
I’d take Sicily, personally, but I can concede a debate.
I don’t know what they plan to do with Blicavs.
But comparing the other three you mentioned to Lloyd and Papley seems a little odd.

Edit: I think Lloyd is a walk-up start, fwiw.

I reckon Irish would have been in the Allies squad if he hadn’t been picked in the Gaelic ‘Homesick Potato Relief’ game in County Tyrone next week

1 Like

Sicily at his best is awesome. He went missing for a lot of last season though. I’d argue he went backwards. Hawks supporters are very frustrated with him. (because they wont call Clarkson out for doing stupid ■■■■ like sending him forward to play a negating role on a defender)

1 Like

The last half of last season was not his best, I agree.

1 Like

sicily is one of my favourite non Essendon players…the game needs more characters like him

1 Like

meh couldn’t care I only care what’s good for Essendon.

2 Likes

Love him and Toby Greene.

Cotchin and Fyfe named captains.

Great watching Bombers win on the box last night. And heading in for this.

Good footy & some Friday night frothies!

Go the Big V!

My 3rd State of Origin. Didn’t realise how lucky I was in 1989 as a little tacker at a jam packed MCG for the first one I saw.

2 Likes

Saady will light it up

Yawn, I’ll be studying the replay from last night tonight

3 Likes

Come to think of it, @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS, as master of names have you claimed the nickname “Soap” for Saad yet?
Then extend it to “Soapy”
Forget that there was a fark Carlton player with that nickname for a minute.

blink

He’s too busy tying to Hazza us all.

Urgh.

1 Like

Not as good as Hazard then?
Thought I’d be a bit bold and go lateral. I’ll bow to your wit and leave this caper to you in the future :laughing:

Ridiculous that Tippa didn’t get a guernsey.

1 Like

They wouldn’t have put his name up as available would they? Or if they did his calf strain came leading up to squad selection

Can’t recall when the injury occurred

Only playing a half vs WC had him nowhere near ready anyway

Not saying I don’t like it, … I just couldn’t work it out for a sec what you were on about.

But just out of interest, how do you get from Saad to “Soap”

I might proffer “Silk”, or “The Scud” (Scud) cause once he takes off, he tracks through the traffic & delivers like a Laser guided fkn Missile, … but that might be a tad inappropriate still, … :thinking:

Seriously, … happy with Saady., but Soapy works, :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes