Steven motlop

Part of me thinks that he could really benefit from a change in scenery, ala Betts (and to a lesser extent, Garlett). Tons of talent, coming off a poor year but can be a genuine match-winner and wouldn’t cost the world.

Would definitely look at him, as we could do with some more pace class around goals (and it would also allow us to give more midfield time to guys like Fanta, Colyer & Tippa). Depends on what the asking price would be and whether we think he’s mentally up to it.

Woosha places immense emphasis on physical conditioning. Can’t see us taking him.

If he ■■■■■■ grew up and got really fit he would be the recruit of the year.
Has all the natural talent in the world.

But he won’t, Geelongs club and culture has created so many fantastic players.

If they couldn’t do it, doubt it’s possible.

Motlop being on the table is simply because the Cats will get more now in a trade this year than they will as compensation if he goes under free agency at the end of next year, that’s all.

Growing trend amongst clubs to do this.

He has had one bad season, which contained at least half a dozen very good games. If we can get him for not much, I’m all for it. Guy has talent to burn and being traded from Geelong might be the kick in the backside he needs in terms of consistency.

The only thing that makes me think he may be handy is Woosha. Maybe under a strong coach with focus and a plan he might improve out of sight, I’m afraid I’m of the opinion that Flog Twins are dud coaches.

No. Better off pumping games into Disney.

Seriously if we recruit him, im smashing his stupid guitar over his head so hes on the LTI list for the rest if the season.

Listen to this tripe
https://youtu.be/LKeKn1imulg

sings the same way he plays footy

If he ■■■■■■ grew up and got really fit he would be the recruit of the year. Has all the natural talent in the world.

But he won’t, Geelongs club and culture has created so many fantastic players.

If they couldn’t do it, doubt it’s possible.

Don’t be so quick to assume they are good at everything, or more actually that guys pulling the strings are as good as the people they followed.

Thankyou.

Well I guess an opportunity may exist?
If his condition and application is because of a loss of passion for his club.

FARK NOOOO!!!

NO. Pls.

Its all about price. Is he worth giving a chance to get back to his best at a new club - yes. is he worth paying the pick 19 Geelong would want & the 450-500K he would want - no.

Is 25. Would be a good get. Confidence player, would respond to young, exciting, quick moving Dons, would benefit from a move. Can turn a match, has done so on numerous occasions against highest level competition. Dean Rioli is talked about like a god here, presumably Buddah given his fat ■■■■■■■ guts, but no, this guy’s just a flake with bad taste in music. And…flame

Nah im all for him if he comes cheap. A bit of cream, even if it is of the lite variety…

The occasional flashy goal doesn’t help you win finals.

He’s as soft as they come, but worse than that, he is a dumb footballer.
There’s no point saying “oh but, if he comes cheap” ?
He won’t !

As a minimum, he would cost the Hibberd pick, and probably 400k+ a year, not to mention a list spot.

NO

Went to the Geelong Adelaide game at Kardinia and dead set every Geelong fan grizzled before he even got near it. From up close he’s worse. He looks like a tea lady in a mine field.

Went to the Geelong Adelaide game at Jardines and dead set every Geelong fan grizzled before he even got near it. From up close he's worse. He looks like a tea lady in a mine field.

Haha! I’m going to have to accept that. Looks pretty good on the idiot box occasionally

yea bring him in… he can take Raz or Tippas spot in the team or even Colyer
He’s soooooo much better than those guys (face palm). I’d rather we keep Nick Kommer, at least you know that you’ll get 100 percent every time he goes out to play and will bust his gut. Look at the dogs 22 players each week willing to die for the cause. Thats what we need, not pea hearts who turn it on when its going their way or when they’re playing a weaker opposition

Blitz Pls

yea bring him in... he can take Raz or Tippas spot in the team or even Colyer He's soooooo much better than those guys (face palm). I'd rather we keep Nick Kommer, at least you know that you'll get 100 percent every time he goes out to play and will bust his gut. Look at the dogs 22 players each week willing to die for the cause. Thats what we need, not pea hearts who turn it on when its going their way or when they're playing a weaker opposition

Blitz Pls

100% agree. In today’s game you really can’t afford to carry guys who wouldn’t jump on a grenade for their teammates and coach

It’s a coat of many colours chaps, he’s just as likely to pop up in a final and kick the winner from a stupid angle. I’m not fer or agin really but some of the stuff here is actual reason for face palming. And I know this is all fantasy footy but war metaphors? Crikey digger.