Succession Season 4 Spoiler THREAD (May contain traces of spoilers)

I do buy her motivations, she knows she has more control over Tom and therefore still has some route to power. I think that’s all it came down to.

Just watched it.

Still processing how I feel about it but I will say … GO TOM

Yeah it ended how I wanted, in terms of them all losing ect. But I was slightly underwhelmed.

The way they were yelling and fighting in that room while everyone waited for Shiv’s answer?

It said it all.

1 Like

I don’t her motivation is power tbh. She’s having a baby with Tom. I think she’s done it for comfort and security and just wanting to put an end to all Kendall’s bullshit.

I think the scene when they are back at their mums place actually being siblings where Kendall leveled with them all won her over. Then he walks into the board meeting acting like Logan, an arrogant pig headed ■■■■■■■.

She doesn’t want to subject herself to anymore of that.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was about Tom.

I guess what I meant was, I didn’t buy her motivations to make that call right at the death. It felt a little (ever so little) contrived for me. Which probably says a bit for how well this series has been written overall, that that’s the first time I ever felt that way about a plot point.

If that was her plan all along, then sure. But I didn’t feel that it was.

I did think the mood changed a bit when Ken sat in Logan’s chair in Logan’s office, just before the vote. He started getting all arrogant, and both Shiv and Roman saw it.

Anyway, I was very happy with how it all ended.

Kendall is going to get so farked up on drugs now.

3 Likes

Ok I pretty much loved it but I HATED the Shiv backflip. It was so jarring and clumsy - felt like it was forced in there to get to the right outcome - in particular the reference to the murder stuff.

1 Like

I don’t know how to reply two at once, not good enough with the edits lol, but

Alex.f.94: She wanted it bad, she just couldn’t figure out a way there after Mattson knifed her
That’s why she was all in on Kendall for awhile, and even though intially she was fuming when she found out it was Tom, I think that’s what changed her mind, in reality, she got to stay in the sphere of influence either way, but with Tom, and she can also burn Kendall. It was no brainer, seat at the table still, more control over Tom and she gets to burn Kendall

Paul-peos- yes, I did feel the writing was not as strong… The show has been so solid, I totally agree it felt sightly contrived, or, rushed? I could have done with another half n hour after the board vote to unpack everything.

2 Likes

Watched the final episode today, thought it ended how it should.

None of them won and none of them deserved to win.

I was miffed that Tom got the top job, although understood why, was easy to manipulate, yes sir, no sir type, couldn’t stand his character and was hoping Greg would knock him on his arse.

Enjoyed the show, the acting was great, had a love/hate relationship with the main characters.

Roman got all the best lines too.

4 Likes

Big call - Tom’s lines have always been first class.

7 Likes

Tom’s bachelor party is one of my favorite episodes.

“It’s like a closed loop!”

I’ll definitely do a second full watch of this series.

Yeah true, but I liked Roman, couldn’t’ stand Tom. :slightly_smiling_face:

Forgot to add, the men’s clothing in the show was classy and top notch. Loved that, not many shows pay particular attention to the men’s clothing.

1 Like

Fighting like siblings over who gets the last donut, but it’s a company that can influence the outcome of a US election…

None of them “deserved” it, all of them Nepo babies.

The “serious” person (Matson) won in the end.

3 Likes

Really like it, a fitting end to a brilliant series.

I don’t mind Shiv doing the last minute change, that was humiliating for her really. She has betrayed everything she believed in around women and her place in the world to in the end just be someone’s wife. Calculating as ■■■■ to do that, but man that’s a bitter pill to swallow for her. Tom played it well too, I’ll have the car pull up in 20 minutes and then the power move with the hand. He won in both arenas in his life in one day.

On Tom that scene with Mattson where he conceded he’d be his lap dog and eat whatever ■■■■ was thrown his way. Imagine interviewing for a job and your boss says he wants to ■■■■ your wife :joy:

Loved the Caribbean scenes, the kids regress into the happy childhood dynamics and what could be their last ever solidarity. You feel after this they no longer see each other.

Also loved the Logan video another glimpse into his happy life that the kids never saw but Conor did participate in.

In the end it did come down to not being serious people so couldn’t take the crown. Tom being the useful idiot felt genuine enough to the story to be satisfying.

Great series of TV not sure where it ranks amongst the other greats. Acting and writing is certainly up there.

7 Likes

While Tom still had his Greg, Greg still has the cruise biz files. Tom needs to keep him in the fold.

The hand in the car at the end was a brutal portrayal of the role reversal (for now)… “bend the knee Shiv”

4 Likes

I feel Shiv’s motivation was the overwhelming self interest that they all seem to try and fight at various stages but always comes bubbling to the top. “If i cant have it then neither can you”

2 Likes

Greg didn’t find out through the swedish translator app that Tom was taking over the CEO did he?

Tom was coy about whether himself and Greg would be retained.

Would have been interesting to see which side Greg would have chosen if he did know.

1 Like

I didn’t view her motives like that. She wanted to step back and have (well, try and pursue) a proper relationship. Ceding and putting Tom in the position of power in work and her taking the back seat.

I loved the final ep, twisting and turning till the very end, some genuinely top scenes for the series (the stitches scene, the fit for a king bonding) I thought it didn’t put a foot wrong.

1 Like