Supercoach 2023

Held for now

1 Like

Trade out.

3 weeks til his bye so reckon itā€™s a month til we see him.

Used the money to get Merrett and Sinclair.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your trade situation?

1. 3 spots to upgrade.

This year Iā€™ve had to trade out Gawn, Docherty, Stewart and Oliver because of injury. So Iā€™m down on where I want to be.

But hopefully will get to fully upgraded with 6-7 trades left and then hold on.

Currently sitting at 1200.

3 Likes

Sicily and Laird suspensions have really cooked my Bye plans.

1 Like

I have Laird, Neale, Dunkley and Brayshaw out of the midfield this week

Dough Goey was on a bit of a roll, so I bought him last week. How bad am I? I not only bye players to offload but knucklehead as well.

1 Like

When the teams were selected I carefully chose my VC. But moron here didnā€™t even look at where the C was. Thankfully Marshall had a pretty good game. It could have been a whole lot worse.

2 Likes

I was wondering what was going on. I thought you had supreme confidence in Marshall.

Itā€™s a good matchup. I need a bounce back after last week.

All
My planning went out the window when Sicily and Mitchell were out for the hawks. Cost me around 170 points and 1500 places.

1 Like

Not looking that way now. You are smashing it again.

Where are you ranked now? Very good side you have

Damn you Dawson. 32 possessions in a flogging and only knocks up 95 pts, least effective disposal game had all season

I was so close to going Laird as captain instead too. And he goes 161.

Spewinā€™

How did everyone go over the byes?

I had a shocker. My whole strategy was around Sicily and Oliver and neither played.
I started the bye period with 14 trades and 1018th.
I finished it with 7 trades and in 3500th!

Not getting Briggs has been a huge mistake.

Iā€™ve got @redbull this week in the cash league and he sits on top and inside the top 1000th.
Iā€™m debating burning 3 trades to try and secure the win and pull him back to the field.

3 Likes

Use your 3 trades :wink:

Going into the byes I was ranked 1,307th and have ended them at 966th. Having a strong finish to the byes was the big kicker - Gulden as VC was a masterstroke.

I have held Oliver as well. Not sure if he is coming back anytime soonā€¦

2 Likes

I held Oliver as well, but fortunately didnā€™t have Sicily. Went from 5700 to 4600 without having any particularly big scores, just a flat 2000 (-a little bit!) average.

Copped @redbull and his Gulden VC in blitz Free, which hurt!

2 Likes

And seriously contemplating an Oliver trade this week. If I did it a month ago Iā€™d probably be 400 points better offā€¦

1 Like

Moved from around 320 to about 270.

Holding Oliver kept me out of getting to the real pointy end.

Very tempted to trade him this week with more uncertainty around how long he will be out for but I think Iā€™ll ultimately hold.

The base case is bringing in Walsh as the final upgrade.

4 Likes

270! Thatā€™s insane. And holding Oliver.

Iā€™d straight swap him for Libba pr Trac. Why go to Walsh?

Thatā€™s assuming I hold Oliver.

I can preserve my current bench cover (e.g. Cincotta, Melican, Johnson, Windhager, Sturt) and trade Humphrey and Sharp for Walsh and Maric.

If I want a bit more oomph, Iā€™d need to ditch someone like Johnson (who I like as cover, particularly with Oliver still missing) and then Iā€™m in the Trac/Libba territory.

7 trades left after these so still have a decent buffer I guess.

1 Like

If you have 7 trades left after that and that much cover you must get Libba/Trac.

You have to go for it. Iā€™d even keep trading and get some M9 or F7 loop players like Mills who can go big. You could get a Ziebell at F7 who swings to D7 and can go big.