Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

It hurts like hell…but it was an awesome effort

3 Likes

How exciting is this team. We have learned and improved from the Richmond loss. Sydney tried to keep us out of the corridor on their tiny POS ground but we were better at creating space. Horrible loss but serious improvement. Would smash them at the MCG

7 Likes

Should’ve been an epic comeback interstate win reminiscent of Adelaide 2011 on that Friday night

Should’ve been…

This is the worst thing that has happened to me since chlamydia…

TMI …

1 Like

We certainly have improved, and these lapses into classic Essington are less frequent and of briefer duration. Still hurt though. 4 minutes is all it took, even with the umpires trying to get us over the line.

Their run from defence through the middle was exhilarating and time and again left the Swans either out of position down the field or with one on one options deep into Essendon’s forward half. It’s very hard to defend against. Sydney got away with it on a small ground but only the best conditioned sides will be able to deal with that style of play on the longer grounds.

2 Likes

Well, after sleeping on it I reckon although it was excruciating to see us blow it in that last few minutes it’s better than we would have done there for a long, long time. When Sydney were starting to get a bit of a lead in the 3rd they would have just kicked away and done us by 6 goals in the past. We know how to get back in it and take the lead back now when a grand finalist is throwing their best at us. Just gotta learn to not fark it up at the end now. We will be playing them there from here till eternity every season so I’m glad we’ve figured out how to do it.

Eh,

Pretty shattered about the loss but not the end of the world. We obviously made several bad errors in the last 5 minutes. IF goddard’s kick wasn’t smothered we probably would of won the game.

On the positive side of things the fact that we kicked 7 straight against the swans at the SCG was great. More so, the way we moved the ball and took the game on was great to watch. We continuously carved up Sydney’s zone through good movement and precise kicking. Mckenna’s unique kicking is becoming a real weapon.

I really hope we make the finals, i feel like it would be a waste of a season if we don’t.

3 Likes

3 words: lack of ■■■■■■■ composure.
BTW I knew the filter would block a word.

Just feel gutted. It was such an avoidable loss

1 Like

Same feeling as 2006 World Cup game vs Italy

5 Likes

Harvey is slightly more clued up than D Wallis but not much

It’s funny when it happens to Richmond. Not so much when it’s us.
Had a bad feeling when we started trying to run the clock down with 3’40" to go. Thought the play which resulted in Joe marking in back pocket then lobbing ball dangerously to their 50 line was just horrendous. Hopefully it burns like a ■■■■■ for the players in the same way the 99 PF clearly did…

1 Like

We aren’t mentally weak, and there have been about 3 or 4 examples just this season that prove that. We simply ■■■■■■ up too many times, small little things. Only having one forward (Fantasia) at the last center bounce, not going closer to the line and killing the ball earlier.

This one will sting because it was a chance to get a break on a few teams with lions up next week. We will look back on this and if we miss the finals by a game then this is the one that will hurt, more than the Carlton loss.

1 Like

Looking at our run home, if we play like that we’ll probably win 8 games. If we can keep essington at bay we might not regret this loss so much

1 Like

At least it didn’t hammer our percentage

A legitimate point. 12 wins and % will be the cutoff this year.

1 Like

On the bright side with such a bunched ladder, pick no 2 in the next draft is not an impossibility.

I love this club.
I love this team.
I love our future.
End thread.

7 Likes