Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

Ah yes, the game that ruined Noonan’s 30th birthday party.

29 Likes

They’re replaying the last 90 seconds of the SEN broadcast right now. From Just around the J Daniher pack mark. It’s even harder to believe Essendon lost after a second listen.

Those were the days.

Say what you will about Germany, at least their leaders ■■■■■■■ stood up.

7 Likes

I can’t remember being this farked off the DAY AFTER a loss. ■■■■

2 Likes

Isn’t it ironic that if the Swans had kicked away by ten goals, as it looked like they were going to in the third quarter, then most of us would have forgotten about it in a few days.

I haven’t made my way out of the house yet! Still shattered.

After Hurley’s goal, Joey’s mark, I thought we’d get home.

1 Like

The result aside the ground was really wet. I was thinking to myself the weather hasn’t been like that in Sydney.

They pretty much sacrificed Buddy to play into their contested footy game.

We play on a dry surface and we win that. Yes, you have to win under all conditions but then the swans wouldn’t win in dry conditions.

Also Goddard why the ■■■■ would you play on with a player just there. Just kick in from the goal square or give it to someone that can.

Overall great to come back but also lucky to stay in it.

We need to attack under those situations again.

Ground was ■■■■.

Either the SCG has poor drainage or those slippery conditions were rigged that way. I thought that sort of thing died out in the 80’s.

1 Like

Anyone else watch Dyson’s interview on the EFC site after the game? Bloke looks shattered. If that doesn’t drive them all for the remaining games, nothing will.

1 Like

I was jumping up and down with two minutes to go, knowing I’d won 300

Two minutes later I smashed my coffee table

13 Likes

We lost the game about 6 times in the last 4 minutes so I’m not making excuses, but at the risk of going full Albert Thurgood, McGrath fkn touched that Florent goal and you could see it on the replay too.

3 Likes

Anyone got a clip of this?

1 Like

Any beer spilt?

And we all know what happened next that year…

Not sure the Swans wouldn’t win in dry conditions.

Took every ounce of self control not to punt my phone into the wall, I had the wind up and everything…

1 Like

Chin up… we are a big body mid or two away from being arguably the most complete and well-balanced outfit in the comp. If a Langford, Laverde can turn into one, or we pick up one in free trade, we go deep into finals next year.

2 Likes

That’s was a farming terrible final 3 minutes. For a team with that much experience to completely throw away a 19 point lead was ■■■■■■ disgraceful.
Hurley marks and then played on and went backwards instantly. Terrible choice. He could have soaked up at least ten seconds. In the last minute of the game, we had two marks in the backline and couldn’t find a way to milk the clock. This could be put down to Sydney’s ability to man up, but we couldn’t even kill the contest.
The kick in from Goddard was a terrible decision. That was just dumb. Stack your walls to one side and kick long to the boundary. To play on and have your kick smothered is not what you’d expect from someone of his experience.
The worst one was whoever let number 24 from Sydney free at a throw in to affect the contest. Everyone was manned up except for 24 who ended up getting the kick away to the goal square. That was farking terrible.
Gleeson being outworked by Rohan was tough. But in that situation, I would have thought playing goalside restricted his options of impacting the contest. I would have thought in that instance, you play in front.

That loss last night was not Essington. So that’s a positive.
Unfortunately it looked like something new. Something like Essenmond.

3 Likes

Gleeson started in front
Rohan grabbed him and pretty much threw him behind.

6 Likes

Avoided the score all day after being on the road. Just watched it…■■■■ off Sydney.

1 Like