Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

Let’s be honest.

If Gleeson was the Sydney forward and Rohan was the Essendon defender, Gleeson would have been awarded the free kick and kicked the match winner.

9 Likes

Gees. That’s the point. He got shifted way too easily. And if you reckon it was a free kick, why didn’t he get one? I’ll tell you why, because getting a free for being humiliated in a marking contest isn’t listed as a law of the game just yet.

[quote=“Diggers, post:686, topic:10841, full:true”]
Gees. That’s the point. He got shifted way too easily. And if you reckon it was a free kick, why didn’t he get one? I’ll tell you why, because getting a free for being humiliated in a marking contest isn’t listed as a law of the game just yet.
[/quote]Buddy got humiliated by Hartley early in the game when he couldn’t even mark it when Hartley held him by the jumper.

Was embarrassing for him to accept that free kick.

Nah. Gleeson would be basking in the glory of kicking the winning goal and G Rohan would be reflecting on what went wrong and would be making adjustments so it doesn’t happen again.

[quote=“Diggers, post:688, topic:10841, full:true”]
Nah. Gleeson would be basking in the glory of kicking the winning goal and G Rohan would be reflecting on what went wrong and would be making adjustments so it doesn’t happen again.
[/quote]How would Gleeson have kicked the winning goal if Rohan was the one who caught it?

Sorry. Hartley held FRANKLIN! in a marking duel and FRANKLIN! received a free kick and you’re saying that FRANKLIN! should be embarrassed for accepting the resulting free?

Who knows? Anything is possible when we’re talking hypothetically.

[quote=“Diggers, post:690, topic:10841, full:true”]
Sorry. Hartley held FRANKLIN! in a marking duel and FRANKLIN! received a free kick and you’re saying that FRANKLIN! should be embarrassed for accepting the resulting free?
[/quote]Was about 1/10th of the hold as what Rohan did.

Sometimes things happen in a game. I thought the FRANKLIN! and Jack behinds were goals but sometimes things happen.

Keep digging

It wasn’t Gleeson’s fault we lost…

The mistakes made in that last series of play were:

• JD not kicking wide enough to boundary and it being picked off by Mills marking over TIPPA

• Goddard getting his kick smothered

• Umpire not paying clear free kick to Belly for push in back in ruck contest.

• Raz allowing his opponent to get goal side & trailing him into contest

• Umpire not paying clear free kick again Rohan for holding/throwing Gleeson out of the contest

Frankly we should never have been in position to allow umpiring non calls to affect the result but we were and they did and it’s farked.

It also hasn’t been mentioned in media about the umpiring mistakes when it happens so often after a weekends footy and the AFL gets a please explain.

They could not possibly explain themselves out of either. Instead only thing talked about is the Kelly rushed point or not! FFS

2 Likes

The free to Gleeson was blatant. And it wasn’t paid.

And folks want to blame Gleeson?

“Well I’m sorry fella but if you didn’t want your TV stolen then you shouldn’t have allowed yourself to be burgled”.

The last few posts from @Diggers are in the wrong thread - they should be in the diggers is stupid thread.

No offense @diggers, but you aren’t right.

4 Likes

parking the bus is fine, as long as you put the hand brake on when you do it.
If, during those 4 and bit minutes, we at some point chipped the ball around for a period of 60 secs, we win.

I am right, as demonstrated by the outcome of the game.

You work for the AFL umpires review department don’t you.

Nixon: When the President does it, that means it is not illegal.

I am right. No free was paid and Gleeson wasn’t strong enough. I’m not making this up. It actually happened.

1 Like

You stayed watching for the post-match? I’ve had a footy blackout (incl Blitz) until Monday despite doing about 3 hours’ driving. I just don’t want to know. On the positive, I’ve learnt a lot more about Brexit negotiations and NSW Greens factions.

2 Likes

So your response to “the umpire got it wrong” is “the umpire got it right because the outcome was what the umpire decided it was”.

Okay.

Nuh. He was repositioned fairly. If he didn’t want to repositioned, he should have resisted with more vigour.