Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

Hindsight is overrated. Foresight, that’s worth something.

1 Like

Watched the kick half a dozen times, JD actually signals to go wide and you can see Belly peeling away from Kennedy up the field. He for sure was trying to kick it to TBell but his kick was poor and too narrow.

I still don’t want to talk about how this game ended. But far out I’m still annoyed at how big a pack of grubs they are. As if I didn’t hate Sydney enough already. Went to another level Friday.

1 Like

But… Sam REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!

Why ?
They’re just trying to win a game of footy, and we gave them every opportunity to do so.

I can’t say I necessarily dislike any of their players.
We will beat them soon enough.
Perhaps even later this year.

2 Likes

Your heart is as dark as Vantablack 2.0. Maybe even darker.

Only think ■■■■■■ about their culture is what happens after theyv’e rubbed themselves raw.

also ■■■■ diggers.

1 Like

So rapt that we are competing and sometimes beating the good teams this year. It was very disappointing to lose this game in the last second, but it was a real thriller! There is a lot to like about our exciting, improving team.

1 Like

Nothing joyful comes out of Essendon playing Sydney in Sydney. Keep that in mind and don’t let yourself hope.

Makes these games so much easier.

1 Like

I am just not so sure about that.

2 Likes

The emotion associated with this loss is indeed comparable to the '99 premlim.
Hopefully the pain / embarrassment sharpens their focus for the remaining games.
It’s plain to see the gradual improvement in the team this year.
Progress is a given.
Hoping Fridays loss supercharges their development / cohesion / durability

1 Like

Only in the sense that you compare the two and realise that one is nothing like the other.

6 Likes

That was at Docklands.

1 Like

Actually, its better than that.

Step 1 - we MUST win (obvs), and preferably by 10 goals.
Step 2 Fremantle MUST win, to knock the Saints below us (they have a crap percentage).
Step 3a - Dees win, we get a game clear of Sydney.
Step 3b - Swans win, but not by much we can still get ahead of them on percentage if we win by enough.

Dogs vs Eagles result doesn’t affect us as we go ahead of the loser either way. Only spanner in those works would be if they draw, as 2 points each will keep both of them above us.

So aside us absolutely having to win, the most crucial result for us is Freo winning. If they lose there is no way we’re in the 8 at round’s end.

Feel free to mess around yourself here - http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor

1 Like

Was disappointing to lose the game, but I thought there was a lot to like about it and after a day or two was reasonably happy. I’d gone in expecting a 20ish point loss, never really looking like winning, so to come back and get 20 up by late in the game I was happy with. Sure we stuffed it up and shouldn’t have lost, but still more positives than negatives for mine.

1 Like

Geez Baguely is a tough nut. Triple M did a comparison between his hit from Parker and Oliver’s.

2 Likes

100% agree. No free kick.

HOWEVER THE PUSH IN THE BACK IN THE RUCK CONTEST FJKKJLSLSKJKLJSAFJKLFADL

That is hilarious (and rubbish). Somewhat ironically, with Sydney playing Melbourne this week, it is the team of the player that took the dive which is affected by the Parker non-suspension. Swings and roundabouts, I guess - that is, except for Sydney, who only experience free rides.

3 Likes

Ha, … someone at Tripple dribble reads Blitz eh?

1 Like

Agree that they’re not alike, but Saturday was so painful in the way that it played out that plenty of us, when reaching for an appropriate touch stone in our minds, reach for that as it’s the closest that we can instantly remember.

But 99. That was something else. We were absolutely going to win that flag. Carey had kicked 10 in round 17 and we’d still dealt with North comfortably. As supporters we all knew that we were the best team in the competition. And then it happened.

For me, I went to the pub down the street from the sharehouse I was living in at the time (the Napier in Fitzroy), and my housemates bought me beer. And I couldn’t even contemplate drinking it. The pain was too much to even think that alcohol could make it go away.

1 Like