Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

As bad as that loss was, it will never compare to the three one point losses in finals during the 90s.

Sydney is a hole, the SCG is a dump of a ground to play AFL on and our players will hopefully be fuming after that loss.

2 Likes

I’m on the mobile. 30 mins into what I expect will be a three or four hour rage walk. In the rain.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark this ■■■■ fark fark FARK

3 Likes

We may well yet make the finals, but if that’s what we do when the mental pressure ramps up we won’t matter.

2 Likes

I’m picking up a vibe that you’re a bit annoyed at this loss

3 goals in 2 mins

I thought 3 goals in 3 mins was almost impossible

wasn’t happy with that time wasting, way to early, and we would wasted more time and put more pressure on them by pushing forward. especially that first one in the middle, where I think zaka it was went backwards.

1 Like

Why the ■■■■ is holding the ball never paid against Sydney??!??!??!??! Did my ■■■■■■■ head in. You knew it was going to be a long night when Joey is allowed to be cleaned up in the head a minute in and Bags is allowed to punched in the throat just before the siren. ■■■■ off Sydney you ■■■■■■■ apoon fed animals.

3 Likes

No one player to blame but Joeys kicks down the line in the last three minutes, on half back, in the back pocket and after his great mark also showed a severe lack of composure.
Needed to find space

Hurley, Hartley, Kelly, Bags, McKenna, Zacca and McGrath all huge

1 Like

simple…we ■■■■■■ up. So many chances to ice the game. Hurley x 2 Daniher and BJ

Useless ■■■■■■

The horse is humble.

1 Like

Never going to get more chances than we had in the dying minutes to ice a game where we are up by 3 goals.

The level of failure was catastrophic and the entire team should be absolutely bleeding about it.

BJ, Hurley, Joe, Raz and more all made poor decisions that cost us that game and in a season like this, that could well end up costing us a finals spot.

The fightback was nice, and we needed a real physical test to see where we were really at and tonight we found out a lot about the team.

There is real heart and there is skill there, but many of the oft discussed flaws of the team remain unchanged and IMO will largely remain unchanged going into next year unless we trade in 1 or 2 players of real significance.

Goddard is not the only one. It was a cluster f%$k at the end. The whole team choked, sure his was the final error but how can a team not ice the game after either Daniher or Hurley mark the ball. Kicking down the line to a contest (where Sydney have the numbers) is just dumb.

Seriously that game was stressful. Whole game just kept thinking Sydney would over run them, they stage a fight back and get 19 points up only to lose on the siren. My reaction was to throw something at the wall and yell the f word, my wife has then yelled at me and an argument has followed. Conclusion I am now sleeping in the spare bed.

16 Likes

Let it burn… then move the fark on…

6 Likes

We will win the next 5 and learn from this.

1 Like

Will hurt even more when we lose to Brisbane next week.

5 Likes

We are gonna smash Brisbane…i already feel sorry for them

1 Like

We crumbled under the pressure at the end. Until we get mentally tougher players we are going nowhere fast

Haven’t been this angry after a loss in years

1 Like

Gutted. But we will win every game from here on. How good can we be? We are still in contention this year but next year I feel we can be unreal. We learn from this and move forward. Atleast we arnt richmond.

1 Like

Is anyone here a psychologist?
I’m going to need a few sessions after that.

A choke of South African cricket proportions,

1 Like