Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

Bit of lance armstrong to lift the
Spirits. We shouldmhave won today!!! Goddard!!!

CAN’T SOMEONE ELSE DO IT

Drink alcohol

1 Like

Sad to say but Jobe is cooked, do the best for the team and let it go

Smashed in the clearances all night

Heppell played a terrible, terrible game. F**ark off back to the half back flank

Goddard…enough said.

1 Like

Very eloquent.

Season over. No words.

Goddards ■■■■ up will be remembered with the all time ■■■■ ups with Dean Wallis in 99, playing the injured Mercuri and co in the 01 GF and the 96 prelim. JEE- PERS.

3 Likes

can’t get over how bad that last piece of play from Goddard was

So angry. Angry because we were crap for 3/4’s and then we won, until we decided to try and save the game instead of putting the foot down while we had the advantage. Then so dumb in trying cute little things instead of basic 101 football and losing the game.

What’s worse the freakin umpires were even being kind to us and we still lost. FFS!

2 Likes

One of our worst ever losses. We actually lost that game. Anyone who thinks that is a “brave loss” can go and follow Richmond or Melbourne.

2 Likes

They bullied us around the contests and spread better than us. And we only just lost. We are going to slice Brisbane to pieces next weekend.

Okay, I’m not one for seeing positives when we lose. But I do see quite a lot of them even after that loss.

The first quarter was even. We played well but kicked badly. So did they.

Second quarter we lost. Sydney were well on top but kicked badly again, but we never dropped our heads and we fought back towards the end.

Third quarter started badly and we were yet again lucky with their bad kicking. But we really did fight back and get back in it in the last 5-10 minutes.

We played well in the last. Until the final 3 minutes. The rot set in with a needlessly defensive kick from Hurley when the rest of the team was really up and firing, and that was followed by one fatal error after another.

So what’s to like?

First. We know we can win these games.

Second. We know we can score against the best when we fight like hell in the stoppages and run like hell when we have the ball.

Third. We know we’re as good as the best. When we play at our best.

The next few weeks now become crucial. None of those games will be as hard as this one. So we MUST win them.

13 Likes

I’m not even mad.

I have a feeling of emptiness and emotionlessness.

4 Likes

Pretty bad commentating for the whole game. Did they mention Sydney were in the eight?

No point blaming the last kick out as there were enough turn overs during the match that you can also point your finger at.

When we started believing in our game plan again and started running and giving options we were like silk. When we went into our shells we looked awful again and in the last 5 minutes of the game we simply did that.

Personally I didn’t like Joe in the back line as the loose defender. When we got the ball we didn’t have any talls who were grabbing the ball. McKernan was absent most of the night as was Belly. We really missed Hooker as a target.

We are one point away from being a top eight team this season. Lets hope we find the two we need for the rest of the year.

As a side note, why was that point after the siren counted in the first quarter?

1 Like

That would want to be the loss that causes us to win the next 46 games straight.

17 Likes

I just wanted to f u ck ing see bt’s roaming interviews in our rooms fk

2 Likes

Watson is finished. Didn’t offer a yelp tonight

3 Likes

Thank fark blitz is back.

We stopped running for the last 3 minutes. Down the line to a contest was always going to be risky. Nearly held on, but should have kicked away and won by 30 such was or dominance of them in the last.

Gutted.

We didnt choke.

Hep said it best. We should have kept attacking after we got 3 scores up.

3 Likes