Team: Essendon v Adelaide

I know lav is a more talented player do wonder if Rutten can save Clarke’s career like he did with lav

Would like to see:

In: Reid zerk Durham guelfi bryan

Out hooker wright ham Cutler waterman

Lav zerk Ridley
Hind Reid hepp

Cox parish guelfi
Draper Merrett langford

Snelling Jones Smith
Tippa Stewart stringer

Redman Perkins Durham Bryan

What I’d settle for

In: zerk guelfi Durham
Out: Cutler ham Waterman

Lav zerk Ridley
Hind Stewart hepp

Cox parish guelfi
Draper Merrett Langford

Snelling Jones Smith
Tippa hooker stringer

Redman Perkins Durham wright

1 Like

I think if it can be managed without any significant morale fall out, Hooksey needs a week off. Then bring him back for the last few rounds as a kind of “farewell tour”.

In the short term I agree with several posters on creating a forward structure around Wright and Jones but I would prefer Wright to be locked inside the forward 30 with Jones free to roam i between the F30 and the F50 in order to better exploit his work rate and movement. 2MP can just stand in the goal square as a tall contested marking option.

Also agree we need some fresh legs and so maybe one of Perkins or Cox can have a week off and recharge for the run home. in which case Durham comes in. I would like to see Reid or BZT in the side and in all honesty rather than Stewart.

Assuming Francis is not available I would have a back 6 along these lines.

Hind, Reid, Ridley
Redman, Laverde, Heppell

I would also bring Bryan in to support Sammy D especially as 2MP will be asked to stay put in the F50.

So

In: Reid, Bryan, Durham, Zaharakis
Out: Hooker (managed) Perkins or Cox (managed), Stewart (omitted) Cutler or Ham (omitted)

True.

Can’t see many changes if the boys are well rested.(exception is Cox who looks like he needs a week off football)

Maybe Cox and Ham for Reid and Durham to have a look at those two and because Cox needs a rest and Ham has been marginal.

We got Durham in for a reason. Needs some games to take a look at him and we should blood Reid.

That would be a huge bonus for us, but I don’t see what role it could happen in.
Mind you, I didn’t see LAV being a defender

You have to drop Hooker and Cutler at a minimum. I would bring either McBride or Bryan in. Zaka in for Cutler. I would persist with Ham to see what he can deliver. Given finals race is 90% done, I would have 2022 in mind for team selection. Re: Hooker give him at least 3 weeks off, and see what he can conjure up in his farewell tour.

1 Like

Out: cutler, waterman, ham
In: Reid or zerk, Bryan, guelfi

1 Like

Moved to Friday night as reward “for our exciting year”. We’ve won 6 games against mainly bottom teams! The hype is ridiculous. Imagine when we are actually good. Still it’s better than Sunday twilight so I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Tilthorpe will just kick twice as many.

And lost to Hawks, Swans and GWS in very close games.

Makes for good viewing.

2 Likes

Might be struggling with the wet and slippery conditions also

Take out 3 smalls for 2 talls.
Yeah, nah, what could possibly go wrong with that?

Rest Cox and Hooker
Bring in Durham and Reid.

In: Durham, Guelfi, Reid, Francis (?)
Out: Ham, Cox, Hooker, Stewart (if Francis is ok)

Adelaide aren’t overly tall apart from Thilthorpe- set Reid the task and trust Laverde on Tex

Cox sub.

Tex looked very sore last night, he might not get up for the game.

Plus a close one against Melbourne, led Richmond halfway through the last qtr and less than a goal down against Carlton about a 3rd of the way into the last qtr.

2 Likes

Out:
Hooker rested will get farewell match later
Cutler never again
Smith list clogger. Play as sub only
Ham not afl standard and never will be

In:
Zerk
Reid
Guelfi
Durham

Move Stewart forward to cover Hooker.

Tired of playing list cloggers who don’t fill a structural need in a development year.

No way I would be moving Stewart forward. He had a poor game against the cats, but before that he was playing good footy.keep him settled and playing in the backline.

11 Likes

Ins Durham Zerk

Outs Cutler Guelfi