Team for the SALAMI CUP

Love Bomber’s team selection videos, and seeing the team line by line, well pretty much every face instilled me with confidence. The backline in particular looked fantastic. Let’s smash em.

TBell couldn't out leap Hudson.

Absolutely correct. I believe that whilst the medicos have any doubt about the strength of Belly's ankle ligaments and his ability to spring off that foot they will continue to act with caution.

Wouldn't mind seeing Zaka get a run in the twos but anywa.

My guess to play as the substitute.

TBell is obviously not ready. Bomber has repeatedly said and shown he's not prepared to risk players.

How dare you speak with such logic.

So he's not ready.
But since he is named as an emergency he would be ok to play if Ryder was suddenly unwell/injured? Right!!!

Yes he isnt ready to go at 100%
Obviously named as an emergency because he could play if paddy cant, you think that might be insurance against going with no ruck which failed horribly just 3 weeks ago? Being close enough to be used as worst case back up and being 100% ready to go are not the same thing

Where the hell is Bellchambers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need another tall marking option up forward to help out Joe and Jake. Plus he needs game time in the 1's.

The dogs have very few tall defenders, and we don't take advantage of that fact, sigh

Ever thoought he isn't 1005 or in game shape, or a combination of both?

Salami cup? Someone enlighten me.

We need another tall marking option up forward to help out Joe and Jake. Plus he needs game time in the 1's.

The dogs have very few tall defenders, and we don't take advantage of that fact, sigh

Correct! Fletcher is the only 1005 player worth selecting.

WHERE AYLETT AND ORATZ AT?

Aylett named on the HFF in the VFL team Fantasia not named

Of course I thought about it. He adds more to our team even if he isn't 100% fit then if he is out of the team. Adds structure to our team, lets Joe stay in the forward line all game. Helps out Paddy. Takes a good defender off of Joe and Jake.

imo the positives outweigh the negatives.

I just feel under Bomber the safely approach hasn't really worked for us so far. Hope he proves me wrong

Salami cup? Someone enlighten me.

+1

#VictorySalami

So he's not ready.

But since he is named as an emergency he would be ok to play if Ryder was suddenly unwell/injured?  Right!!!

When I imagine you in my head I see you stuck inside a paper bag, evaluating previous failed escape scenarios.

If Belly isn’t ready the fine. No problem not bringing him in bit why bother naming him emerg either.

If Belly isn't ready the fine. No problem not bringing him in bit why bother naming him emerg either.

Because he could do the job if he was the last option left but they don't want to risk him if they can help it. If Ryder goes down in the warm ups he is in otherwise he regains fitness and confidence VFL.
And by confidence I mean confidence in his body which VFL watchers have indicated is lacking.

No disrespect to the bulldogs but if we lose to that steaming pile of cow dung with the clusterfark against St Kilda still fresh in our minds then I’m done with gayfl.

Of course I thought about it. He adds more to our team even if he isn't 100% fit then if he is out of the team. Adds structure to our team, lets Joe stay in the forward line all game. Helps out Paddy. Takes a good defender off of Joe and Jake.

I just feel under Bomber the safely approach hasn't really worked for us so far. Hope he proves me wrong

One could argue that not having anyone injured because they've been rushed back before they're 100% fit is the approach working quite well. 

If Belly isn't ready the fine. No problem not bringing him in bit why bother naming him emerg either.

Because he could do the job if he was the last option left but they don't want to risk him if they can help it. If Ryder goes down in the warm ups he is in otherwise he regains fitness and confidence VFL.
And by confidence I mean confidence in his body which VFL watchers have indicated is lacking.
I understand but Seems silly to me though if we lost our fit ruckman we would replace him with a guy who they don't think is ready yet. That would hurt the team even more wouldn't it. We covered Ryder earlier in the year for a couple. I'm not upset or angry by it. Just seems silly to me.if your named as an emerg I think you should be right to go. Petty little thing anyway haha

I am happy.

One could argue that not having anyone injured because they've been rushed back before they're 100% fit is the approach working quite well. 

Concur. l much prefer the safety first approach to when Sheedy would claim someone was right to go, and rush a player back who was clearly not fully recovered.