Team of the decade 2010-2019

Scott lucas without a doubt in the 18

ADORED Mcphee when he played that epic year off half back.

Did he request a move up the field or was he just pushed up the ground out of necessity? Was never really the same player after that year (2003/04?)

he retired in 2009

1 Like

2 Likes

Easy! Start the decade in 2008.

1 Like

I’M AT THE PARTY

WHO’S JOSH GREEN?

1 Like

Allegedly, he thought he’d be a great midfielder. One of the worst decision makers in the history of the game.

2 Likes

I think after his All Australian year, McPhee got a big head and also got good enough that other coaches put work into shutting him down/reducing his effectiveness…then he lost confidence.

Yes… one of the O.G stop, prop and go sideways players amongst the Essendon ranks.

Also got mauled by Vandenberg and his goons during the line in the sand match. I still get fired up thinking about that day.

Criteria:

50 games for us 2010-2019
Included everyone who played 100 games for us (italics) then selected the remaining 6 on overall output for the decade (which obviously favours those that played the most games).
Colyer and Carlisle unlucky as 2 guys who could’ve played 100 games for us over the decade if not for the ASADA suspension (presuming that was the catalyst for Carlisle leaving).
Hille, Lovett-Murray and McVeigh are the most notable exclusions based on the 50 game criteria.

We also had Anthony Daniher selected in '91

1 Like

The most striking thing there is Zaka is on the most games. Much maligned player.

1 Like

most games coached in the decade?

See also: Welsh. A, and McVeigh. M.

All three very good league standard defenders, all had designs on playing in the midfield, all never as effective as mids as they were defenders.

One of the major reasons we maintained a bottom six midfield was indulging these guys with moves into the middle and never actually recruiting or developing midfielders.

3 Likes

woosha 84 games 37 wins
Hirdy 77 games 40 wins

Think the majority of that playing group played for Hirdy tho, so he would be my coach.

but if going on most games coached then have to be woosha

1 Like

That’s a tad misleading due to 2016.

1 Like

Coach: Hird

I’d prefer to believe that the last decade did not happen.

2 Likes

Sums up this site.

2 Likes