Technology Help Thread

Wowee.
Good luck with finding a TV then.
If you don’t want one made in China, you can probably pick up a 34cm AWA CRT off a nature strip some time.

2 Likes

If you really want a non Chinese manufactured TV there are a few options. All decent. Just Google and look.

But personally? It’s not a concern.

Yes but… Queenslander.

Hang on a sec mate, What has that got to do with anything? Dont be such a ■■■■. All I said is, Im not keen on handing over my account login details to a chinese owned comapny, knowlingly, what the ■■■■ is wrong with that?

I do have to login with such details with other things, such as gmail, office 365, netflix, stan ect or chromecast. Just a minor point I made which you have somehow turned now into dumb Queenslander. ■■■■ off idiot
I was proudly born and raised in victoria if you must know, so Queensland has ■■■■ all to do with what I am talking about

1 Like

You clearly don’t have a problem with security concerns.
You have a problem with specifically Chinese security concerns.

Certainly comes across as massively racist.

1 Like

Lol. So anyone who has security concerns involving China or Russia is a racist?

1 Like

If you don’t have the same concerns about US services, yes.

Seriously, you reckon Queenslanders are dumb? Lol

Blisfully ignoring now…gawd it’s bloody hard work sometimes

Seriously, look up what the NSA have forced US tech companies to comply with.
And try and tell me China are the danger.

Don’t hear a lot about US hacking nests set up as a business model legitimised and even fostered by the Government.

Russia and China though …

And lets not forget the carry on about Huawaii and 5G.

People have plenty of reason to have this fear, even if a lot of it may, or may not be a beat up.

1 Like

Missing the point I see,

He’s not a spy or worried about data mining, … he said he didn’t want to risk C Card deets.

1 Like

A few thoughts.

In that sort price range I like the Samsung Q60A.

Re: Chinese Manufacturer, I reckon you would have hard luck finding a mainstream consumer panel not from there. I know Hyundai commercial panels are manufactured (or at least assembled) in South Korea but wouldn’t recommend them for in the home.

Re: an inbuilt operating system, Android will give you more flexibility with apps, but I find most internal operating systems aren’t as good as basic fire stick or chromcast device. I wouldn’t base my decision purely on the TV AIO system unless you despise the idea of 2 remotes.

I can also highly recommend the Nvidea Shield, albeit a costly option.

Generally the top of the line TVs are made in Japan.

Generally.

But they are also going to be 10k+

1 Like

So is the theory that only Chinese branded devices can be hacked (by Chinese hackers)?

But another device, wherever it’s made - but probably China - is impervious?

That was the question yes, and he asked if he was being paranoid.

He was answered , politely, with a solid most likely yes.

You must have just missed all that.

And then kept going after that.

Because… China.

But it’s nothing to do with racism. Oh no, not at all.

1 Like

ok.

Not really, if I cant get native android onboard I’ probably just stick with a chrome cast anyway. Just sick of manuacturers putting crapware on their kits. Id be more inclined to chuck a cheap android table on the coffee table as a universal remote and just use the TV remote for FTA to be honest… Jus means if I have visitors they can just help themselves. I do like the so called built in soundbar on the hisense, It throws out pretty decent sound for built in and has built in grphic equaliser. Hard to go past it for buck bang.
My tech self tells me to go sony for same spec but its pretty hard to go past the value of the hisense. I can get the sony 4 k onboard google for about 2300 and hisnese same spec but wth their crapwear for a grand less with very decent picture and sound

The reviews all suggest it’s a good tv. If your happy with the picture/sound then go for it. You’ll likely be watching it more than anyone else, so that’s the main thing. I agree, using a chrome cast sounds like it will achieve everything you need.

1 Like

tezza you’re not important enough for any rogue operator to care about you

they only go after business systems