Tell Us Something We Don’t Know

I once won a jaffle maker because I answered 5 trivia questions correctly and more quickly than three other people in one of those theatre restaurants.

7 Likes

Wow. What school?

I appeared as Kamahl on the Galah Parade on Hey Hey It’s Saturday back in the late 70’s/early 80’s. Won a Madness album from Daryl Somers for my troubles.

7 Likes

BTW, I would be shamed as brown face nowadays

My dad is in the in “its a long way to the top” music video.

5 Likes

I also attended Portland High School. But not in 1972.

When were you there, Klawdy? And had the stench in room 14 cleared?

1 Like

Yeah it was awesome and something I’ll never forget. Hargraves Public School.

1 Like

Such an awesome effort.

I also went to a primary school of 30 kids in NSW and in the early 80s just before I started they had a relay team make the state championships. Don’t think they won though!

1 Like

I got a free pizza and bottle of plonk after winning the trivia comp at a local restaurant bar a few years back.

6 Likes

I once got pulled aside by Wil Travel in high school because his sister had taken a chunk out my throat with some very long and sharp nails for a 14 yr old girl during a basketball game because I blocked her shot. She was a ■■■■ and Wil said something to the effect of she is crazy, she would probably kill you.

1 Like

I once won an U14 football best and fairest on the Mid North Coast of NSW, and still hold it against my brother who only has a runners up to this day

2 Likes

@Diggers is gathering information about you to use in the next Joe Daniher thread

2 Likes
  1. I think that was the building they had to demolish.
2 Likes

I shared a brief moment with Bruce Willis when I visited England in 2005.

5 Likes

Hmmmmmm …

8 Likes

No, not like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Was that studio called The Base at one time?

I recorded drum tracks in a South Melb studio about 10-12 years ago and Ian Thorpe was doing a voice-over for some nature documentary in the next room. They made me stop playing for an hour.

I never actually talked to him; he was in the iso booth the whole time.

Possibly later on (It was definitely Metropolis in the 80’s and 90’s). It was on Bank St and it took up the entire basement level of the building. I think Triple M were in the same building at the time because a number of their on-air people would flit in and out doing voiceover work.
Two big recording studios, one smaller one, a mixing suite and a couple of small iso booths for voiceovers. And a large library of multitrack reels - I’d have fun rifling through those, wondering what they sounded like. All the big names (including o/seas acts had recorded/demoed there…)
A hard-rock band called Kings Of The Sun were also recording there, though they generally didn’t appear until late afternoon. My God, they were loud!!! I suspect most of the beer was sunk by them…

2 Likes

I completely blanked Waleed Aly once.

Backstory, I used to play cricket with his nephew.

Got off a train to a Richmond-Essendon game, spotted the young bloke in the crowd, went over and said gday. “Oh hi Pills”. Made small talk for 5 mins as we made our way to the G. He kept sort of glancing over slightly confusedly to the older bloke he was walking with, like trying to hint at something to me, who politely said hello and introduced himself as younger Aly’s uncle.

I was trying to catch up with my mates ASAP, so I said my goodbyes and walked off ahead.

Bout 0.0001 seconds later, I actually realised.

4 Likes