Terrorist attack, Christchurch NZ

Perhaps if the massacres happened in a church it might have been.

There have been a lot of them done in the name of religion. This particular one, the guy’s motives seemed to be based more on ideology, rather than religion.

There have been a few Republicans and Conservatives in the states who have made similar statements to Anning.

I think people misunderstood me. Australia has no legally enshrined right to free speech like America has. What we say has limits in the law. The number of times people say they have a right for free speech, they’ve just been watching too much American tv. In Australia free speech is not included in the constitution and there are things you will be held accountable for saying.

11 Likes

What disgusts me is political discussion of any type on this horrific massacre when the victims bodies are barely cold and others are fighting for their lives in hospital.

My heart goes out to all those that lost love ones or who’ve had their most dearest hurt in this slaughter.

3 Likes

Ideology and religion are not mutually exclusive, far from it in fact. Especially when a non Muslim goes into a mosque and massacres Muslims in worship

How can you call a massacre in a mosque, that selected its victims on the basis of the faith a non religious issue?

2 Likes

Every single time these incidents occur people say this, and then the discussion not ever really gets had. The fact is this was a politically motivated attack and should be treated as such.

The easy thing to do is brush this off as the work of one deluded maniac, but this situation didn’t occur in isolation from the current socio-political climate, and it’s a discredit to the victims to not explore the reasons behind this horrifying event

3 Likes

That happens when anything like this occurs, whether it be gun control debate, immigration control, police response, Whatever. People are trying to process the motives that lead to the event, and want some assurance that it won’t happen to them.

Re read what I said.
There’s definitely a need to discuss the politics behind this trend, at the appropriate time.
In my opinion, now is not that time.

There’s people fighting for their lives in hospital and not all the victims names have been released.

Let the families mourn.

This political ■■■■ is about to be solved anytime soon.

1 Like

Because a Religion, is not an Ideology , … right?

I think because if you’re a farmer you might need to protect your crops or cattle from rabbits or kangaroos. Which is actually a pretty good reason. Otherwise, I’m not sure.

Perhaps people can be less ■■■■■■■ selfish for 5 minutes and focus on nothing but supporting the victims & their families whilst they mourn.

The hard left versus hard right talk is disrespectful at this time. There’s a time and a place for that ■■■■ as it won’t be solved anytime soon.

Oh I agree about the need for respectful debate. That’s unfortunately an issue that goes far beyond incidents like these

1 Like

Lets face it. It’s farking mind blowing. No one really has a clue what to say, but they have to express something, … anything, because it’s farking horrendous.

Guantanamo the fkn lot of these right wing fukks just as you would any other potential terrorist based on their social media posts and shitt they say.

Brown black brindle or white. Fk 'em all oFf to some Mozzie infested hot and humid hell hole for re integration training until they become human.

3 Likes

There are religious and racial factors in this horrible shooting.

After reading parts of his incoherent manifesto, it seemed to me that he’s a former communist that’s wanting to turn the left and right against each other, specifically in the United States, and his choice of weapons were significant, and pertinent to their second amendment.

Hence my comments toward ideology. More about his motives will come out in time.

Agreed. My wife has a book, I can’t recall the title but it delves into the history of human kind and goes into detail how Homosapiens utterly obliterated Neanderthals. Unfortunately, violence is hardwired into our DNA.

@Efc2019 - I’m sure you were just as outraged when Jeremy Corbyn was egged / punched just recently? Or does your outrage only extend to certain groups of people?

1 Like

That’s the world now-a-days, anytime there is some sort of injustice, people come out and try and get it to fit their flavour of narrative, if that’s how they are inclined, others just want to talk about it to process it. That’s a pretty standard response to fear or grief.

Love this

Imgur

12 Likes

Netanyahu tweeting ‘condolences’ to the victims in NZ. Both extremely ironic and abhorrent given that

1. 19 of the victims were Palestinian and;
  2. His association with far right extremists and neo-Nazis

Get ■■■■■■ you psychopathic, apartheid supporting scumbag.

5 Likes

At least he didn’t release a statement saying they died because they were Palestinian.

2 Likes