Tesla just changed everything

Yep seems like the real deal, but don't hang your hat on it costing $3000 here.

I am told that hooking up a 7 kWh system to our existing solar panels, and making all the mods that are needed will cost about A$15,000, and a 10 kWH unit for my office about $25,000.

Though it could cheaper when China starts making them.

The question for the future will be can we afford to do it, or not to do it !

That’s the best thing about it being Tesla built, and why them having a couple of dinky little dealers in Sydney and Melbourne.

Go to their website and download the press pack. They seem to think a 5kwh system is manageable, they are going for $2500. This pack is expected to cost around 3500 here. But the best bit my friend. They have already opened the patent up. Anyone can build them, he said in an interview on mashable, “I don’t need money, I’ve got billions, I want to save the world, and to do that more than just us have to make them”

I had a ride in one of his cars. Nice looking jobs, weigh 3 tonne and are very comfy inside. The driver put his foot
down and I felt like I had a rocket strapped to my bum, apparently does 0 to 100 quicker than anyone.

But it was so quiet it was weird, no engine noise at all and little road noise. Only $120,000, it is on my list !

Are there any supercharger stations in Melbourne for them yet?

theres meant to be a few in by the end of the year. and a bunch by 2016’s end.

theres meant to be a few in by the end of the year. and a bunch by 2016's end.

just saw that, 16 along the east coast, so you can drive Melbourne to Brisbane in them basically.

Aptly named after one of the worlds most under-acknowledged geniuses. Off his rocker, but brilliant as well.

Aptly named after one of the worlds most under-acknowledged geniuses. Off his rocker, but brilliant as well.

Yup instead a crook took all the glory.

Yep seems like the real deal, but don't hang your hat on it costing $3000 here.

I am told that hooking up a 7 kWh system to our existing solar panels, and making all the mods that are needed will cost about A$15,000, and a 10 kWH unit for my office about $25,000.

Though it could cheaper when China starts making them.

The question for the future will be can we afford to do it, or not to do it !

That’s the best thing about it being Tesla built, and why them having a couple of dinky little dealers in Sydney and Melbourne.

Go to their website and download the press pack. They seem to think a 5kwh system is manageable, they are going for $2500. This pack is expected to cost around 3500 here. But the best bit my friend. They have already opened the patent up. Anyone can build them, he said in an interview on mashable, “I don’t need money, I’ve got billions, I want to save the world, and to do that more than just us have to make them”

I had a ride in one of his cars. Nice looking jobs, weigh 3 tonne and are very comfy inside. The driver put his foot down and I felt like I had a rocket strapped to my bum, apparently does 0 to 100 quicker than anyone.

But it was so quiet it was weird, no engine noise at all and little road noise. Only $120,000, it is on my list !

Wait for the 3rd gen, that’s the one they are hoping will enter the market at $30,000 USD, 2017 I believe.

CARBON FOR GROWTH. CARBON FOR PROSPERITY.

Just want to point something out -

Steve Jobs and Elon Musk have almost nothing in common. Aside from both being visionary in their own ways. Jobs was purely into building a profitable business. All about the ‘perfect company’. Tapping into what people wanted and were willing to pay for.

“Love what you do”.

Yeah Steve, try telling THAT to the factory workers in China you smug ■■■■.

Steve Jobs and Elon Musk have almost nothing in common. Aside from both being visionary in their own ways. Jobs was purely into building a profitable business. All about the ‘perfect company’. Tapping into what people wanted and were willing to pay for.

“Love what you do”.

he probably did tell em and probably loved doing it.

“Love what you do”.

Why would you tell em? She’s only interested in clothes and food :smiley:

Musk certainly seems to have more in common with Tesla rather than Jobs.

Cue legislation banning urban properties from disconnecting from the grid?

Won’t SOMEBODY think of the struggling coal burners?

Going to be interesting. I doubt any of them could hold on in the industry if the taking up of these things became common place. They wouldn’t survive losing so much of their power supply revenue. Connection fees and services would have to pick up the slack and that would end up in the supreme court. One thing I’m interested in is that as power consumption drops and the cost to produce it goes up how are renters/pensioners who can’t afford the system or don’t own the property to install it going to survive the initial period of upheaval while the market changes.

“Love what you do”.

Why would you tell em? She’s only interested in clothes and food :smiley:

Musk certainly seems to have more in common with Tesla rather than Jobs.

Musk designed the hyper loop and then puts all the designs and plans on the Internet for anyone who wants to build it because he doesn’t have the time.

“Love what you do”.

Yeah Apple are the worst at hiring Chinese workers.

Why is this being turned into a musk vs jobs debate, they are totally different.

Apple and Tesla/SpaceX are very different companies.

Why is this being turned into a musk vs jobs debate, they are totally different.

Apple and Tesla/SpaceX are very different companies.

Musk open sources everything he invents for starters.

So that battery would run an air con for 30 mins or 1 washing machine cycle?

Yes, maybe 2 cycles if you hug a tree

“Love what you do”.

Yeah Apple are the worst at hiring Chinese workers.
that's what i thought

You can stack 9 of them though.